cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need ideas/places for work/camping Fla. this winter..

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Hubby will have to have wrist surgery this Nov-Dec down in Tampa + area. Rehab will be a while so we won't be driving /moving for a while.
Wondering what working at a big park (Disney, Seaworld) is like as far as RV spots?
I LOVE the public, interpretive talks, (even repeating same thing over and over again) and I like crowds, and am in good health.
We have family there who can help us if I am working.
Any thought or ideas helpful.
( we worked 7 months at Yellowstone, and have done interpretive talks, school trips, and museums)
Thank you,
Nancy
3 REPLIES 3

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
You could try Crystal River NWR, volunteer for site only about an hour north of Tampa.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
You could always try the FSP system. They regularly need people

From the FSP website;

Employment Opportunities

Who can I contact about job opportunities at state parks? How can I become a Park Ranger?
Job opportunity announcements are available at: jobs.myflorida.com(link is external).
All inquiries for applicant information should be directed to the PeopleFirst Service Center, 1-866-663-4735.
If you have questions or need additional information about career opportunities with Florida State Parks, contact:

Nancy Richardson
3900 Commonwealth Blvd. MS 535
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-3000
(850)245-3083
Nancy.Richardson@dep.state.fl.us
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Disney interviews RVers for jobs but does not have any RV sites available and will just give you referrals to Rv parks. They will not guarantee any hours worked, either.