cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oxygenics - complete water shut off or still a trickle

kopy_kat
Explorer
Explorer
confused by the ads--does the new version with the push button shut the water off completely, or just slow it down to a trickle like the original equipment cheap plastic shower head...??

thanks.\, Larry
2013 Flagstaff 8528ikws---"Camp MiMiPaPa"
9 REPLIES 9

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
As I recall, in many, if not all areas of the US the "trickle" is a code requirement which came about around the same time that the pressure balancing shower heads became required. It's to help keep the temperature consistent. If the item is designed to work in a building, it will almost certainly not shut all the way off.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Pauljdav wrote:
I like the trickle. It keeps the water from being super cold or hot when you turn the water back on.

Ditto!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
tvman44 wrote:
Does the Danco shut off the flow completely? ๐Ÿ™‚

It still trickles a little.
I like it that way so the water does not get as hot while valve is closed.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
dan-nickie wrote:
For those with the older models without the water cutoff included, I found this at Home Depot.

DANCO Shower On-Off Push-Button Flow Control

X2

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
I like the trickle. It keeps the water from being super cold or hot when you turn the water back on.

wtravlr1
Explorer
Explorer
the one i bought did not shut off the water completely (see Amazon reviews), new one is a trickle if sold in the bath section. you have to get a shut off valve, took some searching many valves listed as shower shut off on the front of the package only to find on the rear it said "does not shut off water entirely" seems as if the new valves mostly are tickle valves. There are other valves on Amazon that have 100% water shut off.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Does the Danco shut off the flow completely? ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
For those with the older models without the water cutoff included, I found this at Home Depot.

DANCO Shower On-Off Push-Button Flow Control

Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Still a trickle. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540