cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready Brute brake cable routing Fiesta

trashguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I just had my 2017 Ford Fiesta set up to be towed 4 down using the Ready Brute towbar. Seemed like a simple solution for towing a light car. I had the install done at our local Rv dealer. I got the car towed home and noticed the brake cable doesn't return completely and is causing the brake lights on the car to be on. I don't think its pulling enough to actually apply the brakes but is not right regardless. The car is going back later in the week to probably have the cable rerouted. It's super tight in there and I think the cable needs to be more straight than it is routed. Is anybody using this towbar with a fiesta or a focus and have a pic or suggestions on how they routed the cable?
2 REPLIES 2

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had my 2016 Fiesta with a Ready Brute tow system. Since,I have sold my motorhome and went back to a fiver. However my brake cable was a straight run from the grill to the fire wall. Obviously it had to dip some before running up to the fire wall but it came in directly behind the brake pedal pad. I kept the Fiesta and just went out and looked at the cable run. It goes directly from the grill under the engine and then slightly goes up and into the fire wall. Maybe you can shoot some silicone inside the tube the cable runs thru to lessen the friction.

My Fiesta is a five speed. I went with a five speed since it is so much simpler to set up for four down. If yours is an automatic something may be in the way that I don't know.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
I have this same situation with my Honda CRV. I just hook a cheap lightweight bungee cord from the brake pedal to the seat bottom when towing. I don’t have a problem when not towing. Hope yours will be an easy fix. I installed mine myself and haven’t seen a better way to route it.