Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renting out your RV nightmares.

roadtrek_in_DC
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
Having only using my RV for twice a year for a week at a time. I found myself leaving my RV in the parking lot most of the year. I started renting out my RV. The experience wasn't as bad as I had thought but it is coming back each time with little more damage than I anticipated.
The last damage took out the under the vehicle's plumbing. Already spent $350 replacing a some plumbing and now the shop is telling me the black tank is damaged.
It is all covered by the insurance but the shop is telling me the replacement tank cannot be found due to Roadtrek going out of business early this year and the manufacturer also stop making the black tank for 2012 Roadtrek 190. The shop is looking in to other tank that might fit but the vehicle's low clearance is making it difficult to find an alternative. He also tells me the junk yard also does not have this particular model to pull a used tank.
I'm potentially looking at a RV without a black tank and the frustration is that it can't be fixed.
The insurance says they can only cover up to the damage and no more.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
The shop did say I can put in a compost toilet but I need a black tank.
30 REPLIES 30

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Probably a bit late, but my recommendation is to stop renting out your expensive vehicle......to people who don't know how to properly operate it.....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad