cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing House Batteries

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
Need a recommendation for new house batteries. I need to buy from someplace that will also install as I am 73 and not really up to lugging around 60 pound batteries. All info will be appreciated. Thanks.
Paul & Margie
5 REPLIES 5

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I pretty sure Sam's Club and Walmart will install in a vehicle. House batteries is another question.

Check with some local general repair shop. Tell them what you want and ask for a quote. Probably less than $50, maybe even as low as $20 if the cable ends and clamps are in good shape. If not, it is a good time to get them repaired.

Costco does not install, but I am sure they will carry them out to your vehicle.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Your local interstate store will install.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the Chevy dealer in Blanchard tell him what you want.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trojan has good reviews. What AH are you seeking? Are you interested in checking water levels at least monthly or seeking AMGs install and forget? Lugging is one thing...thinking and maintaining are another. To make a sale many will load them in your tray or whatever.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
size snd type? if you like and had good service from the batteries youโ€™re replacing then check the mfg web page for dealers local to you and start making calls.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle