cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof replacement

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
I need a new roof, either a new rubber roof or Flex-Armor or RV-Armor. Your opinions especially those who have the spray on which is what I am leaning towards.
12 REPLIES 12

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
C Schomer wrote:
Isn't there any rubber left to use a coating? I've had such good luck with Henry coatings, for <$100, I wouldn't do anything else. Craig

The rubber is getting brittle and I have some decking screw backing out, some I have slit the roof to repair and then used Eternabond tape to seal it back up

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We have Flex Armor for going on 3 yrs. No problems with min. upkeep
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Garry&Gayle wrote:
I plan on keeping this rv for several years and it is stored outside, leaning towards the Flex Armor due too its thickness, increased R- value

call me skeptical, but I think any increase in R value would be minimal.
bumpy

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
I plan on keeping this rv for several years and it is stored outside, leaning towards the Flex Armor due too its thickness, increased R- value

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Is the RV stored inside or outside? If outside consider which coating has the best UV protection.. i am presently looking at Invincible Roof because of that very issue.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't there any rubber left to use a coating? I've had such good luck with Henry coatings, for <$100, I wouldn't do anything else. Craig

2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
If you saw the condition of my 20 year old truckbed liner, you'd consider this too. Rhino or LineX.

That would be my recomendation also,
Some can be rolled on

https://besttruckupgrades.com/best-diy-roll-on-bedliners-reviews/

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
We have the RV Flex Armor spray roof. Lifetime warranty & it's thick. We used DFW RV Roof in Denton, Tx. You have to take it to an authorized installer as it's a process but worth it.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
If you plan on keeping your RV for more than a couple more years, have the old rubber roof AND plywood removed and inspect for further damage. IMHO, the best "flexible" roofing is TPO. Pay the extra and get the "commercial grade" (60 mil). TPO is more durable than EPDM and if installed properly does not require annual caulking/sealing.

Yes, commercial grade TPO costs more than standard grade EPDM.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:
I need a new roof, either a new rubber roof or Flex-Armor or RV-Armor. Your opinions especially those who have the spray on which is what I am leaning towards.

Depending on price, and how long you plan on keeping the RV. I believe the Flex or Rv armor is a lifetime guarantee . Whereas the rubber roof is not . If it were me ,I think I'd go the spray .

bumpy

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Garry&Gayle wrote:

Depending on price, and how long you plan on keeping the RV. I believe the Flex or Rv armor is a lifetime guarantee . Whereas the rubber roof is not . If it were me ,I think I'd go the spray .

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you saw the condition of my 20 year old truckbed liner, you'd consider this too. Rhino or LineX.