cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shoot!!...gettin COLD tomorrow night!...got to winterize!

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
tomorrow night is supposed to get down to 27 degrees!...only tomorrow night and then nights will be mid thirties again. Dont want to chance it!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze
17 REPLIES 17

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnt give that temp for one night a second thought. If you are really concerned you could just turn on the furnace at the lowest setting on the thermostat. My guess it it would only turn on a couple times. Just not worth having to clean all the antifreeze out of the lines for one cool night. I have reservations through the end of october and have no intensions of winterizing until then. If need be I will run the furnace at night like described above. I had to do it this spring and I will do it in the fall. Heck we even got snowed on this spring on our first time out.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too don't worry about a one night low temp like that especially if it warms back the next morning...

Of course this is for you to decide what you think you should do haha...

I live here in the Northern neck of Virginia where for the past few years it is only down to freezing a couple times a years and usually just for the one night.

I am setup with my OFF-ROAD POPUP camper with using the blow out method to purge the water in the lines. I can do this real quick if necessary in just a few minutes. It really is great to have this method along with you on those sudden trips up in the mountains where it might get really cold over night...

Its all about PLAN Bs...
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
27 degrees for one night will not harm anything. the insides of the RV are still warm enough to ward off any type of minor freezing temps. at the most you could just empty the lines and tanks if you still feel the need. otherwise don`t worry till mid 20`s are forecast for a few days in a row, then you know it`s time to winterize!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!