cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Super Glide Dimensions Ram 3500

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
I tried asking and finding accurate dimensions on a new Super Glide ISR in a 2015 Ram Dually. Well I a was never able to come up with much and the manufacturers were not much help. So I had to order blind and find out myself, so I hope this info will help someone in the future.

This is a Super Glide ISR 18k mounted to the Ram picture frame adapter in a 2015 Mega Cab Dually with air ride rear suspension. It is mounted with the short feet, standard feet are 1-1/2" taller. The hitch is mounted as far toward the front of the truck as possible.

Dimensions referring to bed floor are taken to the lowest point of the floor, not the top of a hump. To ground measurements are taken from center point of the where the pin is in the bed, or above the rear axle basically.

Also note that the level you see in a couple of the pictures is sitting on top of the rails for the tonneau cover not the bed rails. Bed rail is 1" below the level.

Bed Rail To Ground = 56-1/2"
Bed Rail to Bed Floor = 20"
Bed Rail to Top of Adapter = 17-7/8"
Bed Rail to Hitch Head = 7/8"
Bed Floor to Hitch Head = 19-1/8"
Pin to Back Window = 51" (slid all the way back)
Pin looks like it is line up to the ball mount in bed of truck, it is ahead of front axle.

Here are some comparison dimensions of a Highjaker auto slide in my 2008 Mega Dually. It was not mounted in its lowest position, I could have went down one more bolt hole.

Bed Rail To Ground = 55-3/8"
Bed Rail to Bed Floor = 20"
Bed Rail to Hitch Head = 1-1/8"
Bed Floor to Hitch Head = 18-7/8"

Now I don't know what the loaded height is going to be, I hope the 2015 squats down as much as the 08 or I am going to be in trouble for height. As I am putting on a TrairAir pin that hangs down further, yet another thing I couldn't get accurate dimension of before ordering.

So I had heard in the past that the Super Glide sits a couple of inches below the bed rails, well this just isn't true. That is what I was hoping for to make up for the TrailAir. Well the Super Glide is actually higher then my Highjacker.

Pictures in the next post.
2008 Dodge Dually Mega Cab - Resitol Edition
1999 Jayco Designer 3710
28 REPLIES 28

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
gtsum wrote:
There was a poster on here who incorporated the pic frame adapter and the superglide into one, basically lowerering the hitch height by about two inches. Pm me for more details if you want

Would be nice if you shared. ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
There was a poster on here who incorporated the pic frame adapter and the superglide into one, basically lowerering the hitch height by about two inches. Pm me for more details if you want
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome
2014 Ram Megacab 3500 CTD Laramie

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"New Ram 3500 with the air assist does not sag at all when the trailer is hooked. It pumps that air up lifting the truck back to say height as empty, not a good thing. Alt Trailer Height mode does drop it some, but it is only just under an inch"

I am guessing your 08 sat LOW in the rear when hitched. Your new truck sits LEVEL with a slight rake to the front when loaded as a loaded truck should. Your biggest problem is you have an older RV that was designed for lower sitting trucks.

I still say have a good fab shop incorporate your adapter to the hitch and you will lower by at least 2".

Riding nose high adds weight to the rear axle and could cause tire problems.

Update your signature, I was reminded to do so several times!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
Some more findings on my set-up.

New Ram 3500 with the air assist does not sag at all when the trailer is hooked. It pumps that air up lifting the truck back to say height as empty, not a good thing. Alt Trailer Height mode does drop it some, but it is only just under an inch.

Also you can't believe the people at Trail Air. Both critical dimension I asked them for they gave me wrong information. They said it would only hang 2" lower then the stock pin box. Well this would be OK as I had room to go up one more hole on the frame, which are 1-1/2 inches apart I believe. Well I raised it up that extra hole and it is still 2" lower then it use to be.

So to revise
Truck sits higher then before (2008 Ram 3500 before)
Hitch is taller in truck then before because of adapter mainly
Pin box hangs lower because I went with the trailer air.

So trailer is sitting 3-4 inches high in the front, I have about 8" clearance between the trailer and bed rails. Guess it is just going to be that way. To raise the pin any more I would have to cut up part of the fiberglass noose cap.
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Arcamper wrote:
I understand where you are coming from with all the locks but I still have to laugh when I see them. You know now they will have to take the whole truck for the hitch.....

OOPS I guess I over dooded it :R

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I understand where you are coming from with all the locks but I still have to laugh when I see them. You know now they will have to take the whole truck for the hitch.....
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
gtsum wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I would say SuperGlide needs to step up and make a base that directly attaches to the RAM's puck system,. I think you are going to be very nose high with your setup.

If I were you if it in reality it's too high I would go to a good fab shop and have them incorporate the picture frame adapter to your hitch so the hitch can be lower.

Agreed! I am going with B&W RVK3600 and a Sidewinder (if necessary) because of the potential nose high issue. If Superglide came out with a model to fit the Ram Pucks, I would be all over it

Good idea!

IMHO best non air bag or non slider hitch on the market seen below.

Just installed it in my new 15 Dually RAM.

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I would say SuperGlide needs to step up and make a base that directly attaches to the RAM's puck system,. I think you are going to be very nose high with your setup.

If I were you if it in reality it's too high I would go to a good fab shop and have them incorporate the picture frame adapter to your hitch so the hitch can be lower.

Agreed! I am going with B&W RVK3600 and a Sidewinder (if necessary) because of the potential nose high issue. If Superglide came out with a model to fit the Ram Pucks, I would be all over it
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the pics and measurements. I really wanted the superglide for my 2014 ram megacab 3500 srw, but even with a 3300lb pin weight I am afraid I will be too nose high because of the pic frame adapter and no way to adjust the hitch height on the superglide. Please share your thoughts once you get hooked up
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
The short feet are for the superglide. You have to watch them because I was told they come with the short feet now, but it didn't. The Ram adapter just looked simpler to me as it is one piece, also it is cheaper.
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

yellowdog00
Explorer
Explorer
Your post with pics is helpful. I have a 2015 Ram 3500 SRW w/6'4" bed on order and I'm looking at the Pullrite slider. Never owned a fifth wheel.

I see you are using the Ram picture frame adaptor with your install. I saw where Pullrite makes an adaptor as well. Any reason why you went with Rams over Pullrite's?

Other question is you mention using the short feet instead of the standard ones. I'm assuming you are referring to the Picture frame adaptor? Does it come with both sizes of feet or do you have to specify when ordering. Appreciate your help with this.
Mike
2016 Jayco North Point 301RETS, Pullrite SuperGlide
2015 Ram 3500 SRW CC 6.4 Hemi 4.10

notruffinit
Explorer
Explorer
Looks just like my setup as it should and the numbers are what I came up with also. I ended up lifting my pin box 2" and like you put on the short feet. My rig now rides about 1" high, but all the clearances look good so I am sticking with it. Your are going to like the Pullrite.
'11 Ram 3500 Cummins
'12 Cameo 34SB3

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

1999 Jayco Designer 3710