cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire life on a parked camper

brstem
Explorer
Explorer
We are interested in buying a used camper. The folks who are selling it have had it parked for years. They have used Armor-all to protect them from the sun. I am worried about dry rot. I'm afraid we will have blown out tires trying to get the camper home. How long do tires last sitting unused?

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
20 REPLIES 20

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
tires rot moving or siting , great advice to crawl under and look, figure new tires into the deal , I like michilin. six tires out the door about $2000. might as well have a TMPS installed at the same time.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting they will last for ever. I would not move it 10 feet without new tires if they are nore than 4 years old per the DOT code.

brstem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

J_R2
Explorer
Explorer
If you crawl under and look at inside of tires, you may answer your own question. If it has sat more than 4-5 years, I would not trust them. Get a price for mobile mechanic to replace on site. Then deduct from sale price.
Ron & Joanne 06 Revolution LE 40E

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the tires have been sitting on the ground, not moved, I would simply plan on getting new ones. You did says โ€œYearsโ€. How many?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
6- 10 years. Personally I dont go past 7.
2010 Suncruiser