cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tornado vs. TT

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
Had a minor tornado pass through Indy today. Fortunately no injuries or major damage, but felt compelled to pass along this story. The owner stated that his camper was literally lifted straight up from alongside his home and then dropped on his neighbor's house. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Travel Trailer Dropped onto house in Plainfield, IN
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!
7 REPLIES 7

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Homeowners will pick it up. The trailer insurance will cover the damage to the trailer.

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering- who's insurance covers the damage? Would the RV owner's RV insurance have enough coverage to make the repairs to the home? Does the typical RV insurance policy have enough coverage for that? Or does the homeowner's policy somehow pick this up? I'll be checking mine...
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

TheAmRheins
Explorer
Explorer
Just watched an interview with the TT owner - the TT had been parked on an asphalt pad on the far side of his house and was picked up, blown OVER his home and into the roof/yard of his neighbor!!!

No link yet to the video of the interview, but it should be available for viewing at wthr.com, our local NBC station.
Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
dble post -
kinda like tornadoes have been know to "retrace' their path, LOL!

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
fdwt994 wrote:
Had a minor tornado pass through Indy today.

The owner stated that his camper was literally lifted straight up from alongside his home and then dropped on his neighbor's house. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Hmmmmmmm -
bet the RV owner -and especially the homeowner- didn't think it was a *minor* tornado!..:R

Even if it misses you -and nobody hurt- lots of "WOW Factors" - like the RV & house.

Was front and center for a Tornado in TX (Sheppard AFB) many years ago (1964), and as a guest of Uncle Sugar got to do lots of cleanup.

There were 7 deaths - but didn't participate in any "recoveries".
Besides the "freight train", the *WOW Factor* I vividly remember was an 8' 2x4 driven through the doors of a '57 Olds - protruding out each side.
Nobody was in the car, but *if* there had been -
they would have been skewered! (As in shish-kabob)..:E

~

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
glad you are safe. I heard about the tornado on Fox News on my way home today.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
We went through one in 2005 in Alabama. It took them three days to say to was a tornado. The weather radio kept saying severe thunderstorm. Wife was pregnant at the time but the two boys slept through it. Some people in a tent went to the bath house. Good thing, when they went back to their tent, a tree had fallen on it.