cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing Honda Element 2011 EX

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
I plan on flat towing our 2011 Honda Element does any have any suggestions before I start towing the Element. I know they say it can't be towed but it's the same drive train as the CRV.
I have a Roadmaster Eagle 8000 tow bar but I need to get the base plate. Anyone towing a Element comments would be a great help. One question I have is what type of braking system are you using .
4 REPLIES 4

inflt48
Explorer
Explorer
I drive a 2010 EX, Blue Ox plate and bar,no brakes (bus weighs 47k, Honda less than 4k). No problems. I follow the directions for the earlier years, and it seems to work fine.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have about 80k miles left on the warranty. I have had five Hondas for about half a million miles or more, tens and tens of thousands of miles towing them and never had one mechanical issue in or out of warranty.

That is why I drive Hondas.

I figure if I DO have a problem, I will take the baseplate off which I can do on the side of the road in about 40 minutes.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
do you have any warranty left on the element? if so I wouldn't tow it myself if Honda says NO. I used a brake buddy when I was towing a toad.
bumpy

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tow an 11 EX Element. No brakes yet. Probably wont unless I go 0ut west. I have a Ready BRute setup and I installed it on our 04 Element. Easy install. I installed a Demco baseplate myself. Easy install, no drilling.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.