RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best hitch opinions

We just purchased a used 2012 Ford E350 Super Duty. It did not come equipped with a hitch, and now I'm shopping. I have no idea as to quality, build, etc... I'm looking for opinions as to the best as far as quality. Our trailer is a 20' Sunline, equi...

Frontal Area

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 29704274

JVFLDF by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some observations om rv refrigeration.

How many posts have we seen about rv refrigerators not performing, on gas particularly. Over the years I am learning that I can turn this under performing Norcold frig into a freezer through good practice. I use frozen water bottles distribruted amon...

Autoformer versus Surge Protector

How many or any owners are using the Hughes Autoformer? Or a Surge Protector? We need to purchase a new one, ours is dead after 15 years. Necessity or Not in your opinion?I will say we are believers, as it was replaced by Autoformer after overheat i...

Information sources for the Rv’ers

This may have already been posted, though we “only recently” discovered them. Pretty interesting and informative! flattestroute.com - Pick your route, and get the elevation changes and the % grade. Very informative for those traveling the moun...

memtb by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Rim Material

How do you detertmine what materials the rims on my 2011 Heartland Big Country are made of?

Adding a slide topper much longer than slide?

It looks like I need a 96" Solara for my 90.5" slide. Can I get a 10' topper so it also shades the side windows and keeps even more rain and debris from the slide? It seems the limiting factor is the hex bar mounts for the roller. Can these hex bars ...

H20ENG by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Honda CRV on a dolly OK?

I realize the Honda CRV can no longer be towed 4-down but what about on a dolly? Reading the 2018 Owner's Manual it says, "Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home."In the Emergency Towing section it says (FWD only), "Wheel lift e...

toyota pickup

Can the newer Toyota pickup 4x4 automatic be towed 4 down? I have not really looked but they only have one shifter in the floor and not one for the transfer case.

blknomad by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Grey water dumping

Years ago (1970s) it was not unlawful to dump grey water in Federal or State campgrounds. It was generally done by lots of campers. Have rules/laws been passed that now prohibits this activity or do RVers still carry on with this practice?

dhuse by Explorer
  • 83 replies
  • 0 likes

skirting

as some remember from my last post I has a tire failure and now need to replace the metal skirting around the tires on 2003 forest river cardinal. I think that I remember seeing a place where I could order it for campers. anyone have a idea? I have i...

b-dog by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Trailer Theft

My wife and I are considering buying a travel trailer. I already own a pick-up and we were thinking that we'd buy a "new-ish" used travel travel (within towing limits of my truck) and leisurely tour the country (not full time), now that we have more...

Its Finally Official!

Sold the fiver about 6 weeks ago. Truck went Saturday. Were officially out of RVing for the first time in 42 years. DW has back issues that are causing her a lot of pain, so it was time to hang it up. We will really miss our summer camp hosting j...

donn0128 by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Downsides of Towing? Newbie concerns

We are considering towing for the first time. We have RVed for 14 years in a Class C, 27' and now about 29 feet, and never had a toad. It's worked fine for us given our previous style of travel, where we had to make the most of every day and rarely s...

Towing behind a 2017 Freelander

Has anyone used a dolly on a Ford Ranger? I would like to do this, but I realize I would have to back it on with the headlights facing aft. I also know I would have to put a light bar up.❚ Please see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFOR...