RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Adding a slide topper much longer than slide?

It looks like I need a 96" Solara for my 90.5" slide. Can I get a 10' topper so it also shades the side windows and keeps even more rain and debris from the slide? It seems the limiting factor is the hex bar mounts for the roller. Can these hex bars ...

H20ENG by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Honda CRV on a dolly OK?

I realize the Honda CRV can no longer be towed 4-down but what about on a dolly? Reading the 2018 Owner's Manual it says, "Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home."In the Emergency Towing section it says (FWD only), "Wheel lift e...

toyota pickup

Can the newer Toyota pickup 4x4 automatic be towed 4 down? I have not really looked but they only have one shifter in the floor and not one for the transfer case.

blknomad by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Grey water dumping

Years ago (1970s) it was not unlawful to dump grey water in Federal or State campgrounds. It was generally done by lots of campers. Have rules/laws been passed that now prohibits this activity or do RVers still carry on with this practice?

dhuse by Explorer
  • 83 replies
  • 0 likes

skirting

as some remember from my last post I has a tire failure and now need to replace the metal skirting around the tires on 2003 forest river cardinal. I think that I remember seeing a place where I could order it for campers. anyone have a idea? I have i...

b-dog by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Trailer Theft

My wife and I are considering buying a travel trailer. I already own a pick-up and we were thinking that we'd buy a "new-ish" used travel travel (within towing limits of my truck) and leisurely tour the country (not full time), now that we have more...

Its Finally Official!

Sold the fiver about 6 weeks ago. Truck went Saturday. Were officially out of RVing for the first time in 42 years. DW has back issues that are causing her a lot of pain, so it was time to hang it up. We will really miss our summer camp hosting j...

donn0128 by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Downsides of Towing? Newbie concerns

We are considering towing for the first time. We have RVed for 14 years in a Class C, 27' and now about 29 feet, and never had a toad. It's worked fine for us given our previous style of travel, where we had to make the most of every day and rarely s...

Towing behind a 2017 Freelander

Has anyone used a dolly on a Ford Ranger? I would like to do this, but I realize I would have to back it on with the headlights facing aft. I also know I would have to put a light bar up.❚ Please see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFOR...

Unhitching safely on deep grass - slight slope

Hello all! My wife and I have been really enjoying our IDM245 Mallard travel trailer. We have had it for around a year, and we used to rent travel trailers before that. We generally don't have many issues unhitching when we arrive on site to camp but...

Potential Issue with Jayco X23B and Equal-i-zer?

I am picking up a 2015 Jayco x23b tomorrow and was planning on them doing an equalizer for me. I read on the jayco forum of a potential issue with the style of coupler on the x23b that causes the trailer frame to rub on the hitch head. Is that a vali...

Raido weather and traffic info!!!

The boss and I are traveling north on I-5 to Washington, and returning on 101. In the LA area on AM 710 they broadcast weather and road info as they say on the 5.. Meaning 5 after 15 after 25 after and so on. Other cities must do the same.. Any one ...

Tow/tow

Interested in towing a short trailer for golf cart or the Harley behind my 34 ft. Jayco. Can anyone tell me where I can find the legal limits for various states. Thanks in advance.

poorboy by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Shureflow water pump fix...?

Not sure if this may have been discussed in the past: I just de-winterized my truck camper this evening and noticed a very slight leak at the water pump. I have not used the camper and the last time I did this chore was 3 summers ago. When I de-wint...

d3500ram by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Recliner/bed

We have been interested in a love seat recliner that would fold out into some sort of bed. Have not found one until by accident I saw one in a Winnebago Forza 34T that does just that. Not the most comfortable bed I am sure, but with an extra blanket ...