RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Too much money for overnight stay!

So I was considering booking an overnight stay near my sister's wedding reception which is in the afternoon. So I wouldn't have to drive so far afterwards. I called two places. They both had room. I explained that I only needed an overnight place to ...

New Tow Car

We just bought a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee that is all ready set up to tow. The man we bought it from was not the original owner and so could not answer some of our questions. I stopped by a Jeep dealership today and had him look at the set up. (Tri...

double towing in Wisconsin

I have seen rigs well beyond 75' double towing in Wisconsin. I would like to tow my bout but think I am well beyond restricted length. I have a 2008 F-350, a 2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ and want to pull my boattotal length is about 87' 11"

zell66 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel hitch maintenance

I aquired a Draw Tite 5th wheel hitch that has scratches on the skid plate that has resulted in flaking paint. I have wire wheeled the loose paint and would like to repaint it. What kind of paint should i use or should i just grease the entire surfac...

Having to move on.

My other half (not necessarily better or worse) has decreed that our days of travel via motor home is at an end and pressure is being applied to sell our beloved (by me) Class A. We got into camping in a class A in 1987 and had a grand time. I still ...

TEO by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep “Death Wobble”

I want to share my experience towing a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, as it might help others avoid the problems I have encountered when towing. It’s known as the Jeep Death Wobble, which I’m sure some of you know about since it’s well documented on t...

fotodog by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

New TV old set up with pictures and question

Hi Guyslong time no see.So I got a newer tow vehicle and thought the setup would need to be changed but when I hooked up, it looked ok.Please let me know what you think. I drove it for half hour at 60 and it felt ok.My previous truck was 4x4 this one...

1kennyOG by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone dolly towing a Mazda CX-5?

I have a 2014 CX-5 FWD only (not AWD) with an automatic tranny that I would like to dolly tow behind my class A. Wondering whether to look for an articulating or non-articulating dolly. Steering wheel does not lock but I suppose it could be tied do...

Where to put da dogs??

Have a odd question that we did not think about when we purchased out truck and 5th wheel.Truck seats 5, we have 2 large doodles (90 - 100#) and not sure where to put dogs when truck is full. Was thinking of building a dog container in the bed of the...

zell66 by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Kudos to Dexter axles!

A couple of weeks ago while coming home from a trip I noticed our TT was leaning about 3 inches to the right. After looking it was determined that is was the axels causing the problem. I slowly made it back home and contacted the local dealership and...

ulvik by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford's ultimate trailer tow package

Hi All, I'm looking to trade in my current truck and I'm wondering if Ford's Ultimate Tow package with the backup camera assist is worth the extra money or not. Does anyone have this option and do you like it?