cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS saves the day!

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
I was towing my rig north bound on I-75, just north of Macon, GA when I heard that dreaded "beeping" sound. I looked at my Pressure Pro TPMS and it showed low air in the left front trailer tire. I put on my flashers and pulled over before it went totally flat, saving the tire and avoiding damage to the trailer. After putting out my safety cones, I got to work. Fortunately I travel with a cordless impact wrench, so I had the tire changed and was back on my way in 15 minutes. I couldn't get very far off the "fog line" because of the narrow shoulder, but the flashers and cones helped to move most of the drivers over a lane and give me a little breathing room. The only close call came from another RV'er who apparently doesn't under stand the concept of giving a disabled vehicle a little breathing room. By the way, there was nothing wrong with the tire (Maxis), the valve stem failed.
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer
15 REPLIES 15

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
glad it ended so well....15 min to change a tire on an RV...Nascar Pit crew has nothing on you. happy trails!!