cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Un-Even trailer

Gregoryrm60
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.Front of my trailer is lower than the back. Should I get air bags for my truck tow vehicle or will a waite distribution hitch work.
Thanks.
Gregory. From Erie PA.
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Sounds like Gregory went poof and disappeared in PA!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
Gregoryrm60 wrote:

Gregory. From Erie PA.

Sounds like you have a Ram 1500 with not enough payload, for your trailer's loaded tongue weight.:W

Or maybe it's a Ford with a bent frame, lol.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Gregoryrm60 wrote:
Hi.Front of my trailer is lower than the back. Should I get air bags for my truck tow vehicle or will a waite distribution hitch work.
Thanks.
Gregory. From Erie PA.

Sounds like you have a Ram 1500 with not enough payload, for your trailer's loaded tongue weight.:W
As was said, your post is way too vague and requires much more information, to give you adequate guidance.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Welcome to the forum Gregory!

As posted above, you need to supply more info, such as what trailer, what tow vehicle, and some weight ratings (GVWR of trailer, and truck payload).

Normally a TT should be towed level, or slightly low in front.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo did a pretty good job of it. It's up to the OP now if he or she understands it.
Puma 30RKSS

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
How can anyone even begin to answer? The OP could be driving a 1986 S10 or a new F450, or anythingvin between and his trailer could be anything from a 10' popup to a 38' destination trailer?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on the reason the trailer tongue is lower.

If it is lower because the tongue weight is so high that it presses the back of the tow vehicle down significantly, you need a weight distribution hitch. The problem is that it reduces the weight on the tow vehicle front tires and makes steering dangerous.

If it is lower even without pressing down on the back of the tow vehicle too much, you need a different tow hitch stinger. You need one that is higher to raise the tongue of the trailer higher.

Note that on this one, you can install it upside down to raise the hitch.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB