cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water hose

zach477
Explorer
Explorer
I went to use my brand new Camco water hose...not the cheap white one, but the more expensive blue one. The fittings on each end leak. Am I doing something wrong or is this common? Don't know how I can screw it up, haha. I tried connecting it to various things and it still leaks. The one at the spigot isn't too bad if I use a wrench to tighten it, but the one on the RV side is pretty bad. Maybe too much pressure? I'm using a pressure regulator, but I think its 45 or 50 psi...maybe too high?

Unfortunately, I missed the window for being able to return it. That's what I get for buying everything I need way in advance...
40 REPLIES 40

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jacksons wrote:
Camco water hoses are cheap, returned everyone I bought, both white and blue. best hose I ever bought, and well worth the price LINK TO GOOD HOSES

Newbies and people sick and tired of stiff hard to roll hoses get these! I personally don't think SS is worth the money. The brass ends are very nice!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
downtheroad wrote:
Make sure these are installed in each end...

That could be the problem they only go on one end.;)
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
A good hose will come with the rubber washers at each end.

well mine all came with a washer for one end.
bumpy

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's a good thought, but unfortunately sometimes it's true that the good stuff costs more. It's just not a hard and fast rule.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
The rubber washers are often lost and easily replaced. Just fill your fresh water tank and run off that (with the pump) until you can stop the leaking.

Btw, how was your trip? (Glad to see you arrived safely.)
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
A good hose will come with the rubber washers at each end.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Jacksons
Explorer
Explorer
Camco water hoses are cheap, returned everyone I bought, both white and blue. best hose I ever bought, and well worth the price LINK TO GOOD HOSES
2002 Rockwood 8272s
2005 Yukon xl Denali 6.0
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

zach477
Explorer
Explorer
I'll check next time I get a chance to, but I am almost certain there were no rubber washers. Were they supposed to come with the hose?

Trails_And_Tail
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you should have bought the cheap white hose. $$$ don't always mean quality.
"Life has a way of giving you what you want when you help others get what they need"

2 Retired RV Newbies
Traveling with 2 Shih Tzu
1991 Ford Tioga Arrow 27'

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure these are installed in each end...

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pretty obvious I know, but have you checked the condition of the rubber washers? I've had them deform in a new hose and had to replace them to stop the leak.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"