cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to Dump?

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
Most of our regular campgrounds are closed or has restrictions such as social distancing, limited occupancies and no access to showers/toilet facilities which are understandable. But no open dump stations?? :-\. Even Flying J/ Pilot gas has their dump station locked.

Where does one dump their black tank?

Well today I decided to drive to Walmart and bought two-20 ft of RV sewer hoses and a connector then to Lowes and bought 3" Black ABS Charlotte fittings, a 24โ€ pipe and glue to tie into my septic tank. We won't make a habit of dumping at home but only until dump stations opens again.
17 REPLIES 17

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Taxman2436 wrote:
Well thatโ€™s scary. Weโ€™ve found campgrounds in all New England states open and used a dumping station at one in RI after Boondocking. We would be in trouble if in your situation, weโ€™re in a condo without our own place to dump. Thatโ€™s a great solution though!

Lenny

while at home we dump at our local waste water treatment plant.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Rent a site in a full hookup park. I can see why a park would close things like dump stations. They aren't huge profit centers and bring additional people and points of contact into the park which goes against social distancing. Nothing requires you to actually stay the night if you rented a site. Just dump and be on your way.

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
Well thatโ€™s scary. Weโ€™ve found campgrounds in all New England states open and used a dumping station at one in RI after Boondocking. We would be in trouble if in your situation, weโ€™re in a condo without our own place to dump. Thatโ€™s a great solution though!

Lenny
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS