cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

window screens

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
my window screens are on the inside of my RV. When I wash the RV the screens don't get washed. Anyone have a n easy way to clean these. Also cleaning the inside windows is a pain. they are the painless flat type windows that open just a few inches at the bottom.(single pain}
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK
8 REPLIES 8

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
On ours, you need to open the window and screen a little before they push up and come out. Probably because you grasp the left and right side of the screen frame to push up and tilt bottom in at same time.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
the little plastic springs on mine are all jammed stiff or something
i got the drivers screen out they broke,

I clean my screens and maintain the "innards" twice a year. Can't recall if the home variety are plastic or metal but rarely have problems with any breakage beyond the springs losing shape and they are easy to replace.

MrWizard
the little plastic springs on mine are all jammed stiff or something
i got the drivers screen out they broke,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
I just take the screens out and soak them in soapy water in the dogs pool then hose them off and sun dry.

Something like this would work for me although at home I add ammonia to the water to remove grease and deodorize too.

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I need to wash the inside window also so taking screens out and cleaning them the same time I do the window seem like the way to go.
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
The screens in my camper are all spring loaded. Simply lift up and the little clip spring squishes. Pull at the bottom and they come come right out. Very easy to remove.

Once out, they get hosed down with the garden hose sprayer. Windows easy to wash inside and outside with the screens out.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I just take the screens out and soak them in soapy water in the dogs pool then hose them off and sun dry.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

MrWizard
I vacuum the screens using the small brush attachment
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s