cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

zinger 33bh towing concerns

breandme13
Explorer
Explorer
hello, new to the forum we just purchased our new 2014 zinger 33bh, we are supposed to pick it up next however im concerned about towing it with my 2006 f250 4x4 5.4 automatic regular cab. I have had diesel f250 in the past and I can tell from owning this truck that it is not as powerful in the towing department. The dealership is a good 3 hour drive back home, just dont want to do any damage to the truck on a pull that long
6 REPLIES 6

eightrac
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 2013 model if your trailer and can tell you, I sold a 1999 F350 V10 because it couldn't tow the trailer well. It was modified with 4.88 gears, a kenne bell supercharger, 3" dual exhaust and headers. I went to a 1995 F250 PSD and even had to modify that with a triple disk billet converter, improved trans cooling, ts-tuner, shift kit, 4-corner air suspension, 4" exhaust and larger intake among other things. Our trailers have a large frontal area that we have to contend with, along with the weight.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will be fine. The 5.4 is a tough and powerful motor.

It has much more HP than the tow beasts of the 90's and people pulled 15k lb fiver with those big blocks all over America. Yes it will be slower than the new super duper whoop tee dooo high tq diesels but it will be fine....

Yes it will be thirsty. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
He's right. Forget good mileage, just get used to biting bullets.

breandme13
Explorer
Explorer
i had a guy tell me my 06 was a little stronger that the previous old 5.4 he said it should pull it but to keep an eye on tranny temps and dont expect to go very fast or get good gas mileage...

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
My thought is you have enough truck but not enough power.
Safety should not be a concern. Take your time allow engine to rev. After your first trip or two you can decide if you prefer more power. But for now give it a go and see how you like it
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
I have towed my 8200 lb trailer 11,000 miles with my 5.4L including all over the Rocky Mountains in Colorado and Utah. It makes power over 3K RPM. Put it in tow/haul and press on the gas and let it do it's thing. You are not going to break it.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000