cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

DZCS1
Explorer
Explorer
If there is enough interest in Illinois, I could start a camping group in Northern Illinois.

I am sure everyone has a good idea for where everyone could visit! Love to hear everyones idea's and thoughts if your ready to have some fun!

Just drop me an email.

So, like one person said, "Git R Done" ๐Ÿ™‚

We now have a home on the web ๐Ÿ™‚
E-Mail Us at: NIFCG-owner@yahoogroups.com
1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 V8 5.7L 3.73 RearEnd
Class III Hitch
Going to buy a 3500 GMC Dually
Going to buy a Jayco Jay Flight 31BHS
DH, 2 DS's, 2 DD's
1980 Sea Ray 260 Weekender -4 sale
Tent Camping
LCRR Forums Admin

mamalama
Explorer
Explorer
Would be fun to have a group of familiar faces for the kids....and to have different camping styles too. Could be a lot to learn. Will travel in Ohio & beyond......

thepeakes
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for family camping group/club?
With kids are 8 and 12 like watersports also.
email us if interest..

ScarlettintheSo
Explorer
Explorer
Family Camper in NC...
I'm interested in a camping group.
See Ya Around the Campfire!
Nancy & Jeff
DS-Garrett-14 loves Fishing & XBox 360!
Muffin-11 yr old Cocker Spaniel
Shadow-Black Lab puppy born 6/11/08
2008 Keystone Passport 280BH
2007 Ford Expedition (TV)
2004 Mustang Convertible (My Mid-life crisis)

happycampers5
Explorer
Explorer
A group has just been formed in Northeastern Tennessee
http://etncc.5.forumer.com/

lyfsvr
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone, we are going to the Grand Canyon in June. I reserved a campsite at one of the KOA's in Williams, AZ. Two of my friends told me about a campsite at the south rim. I am unable to find the name of this campsite! Does anyone know the name and if it a nice spot to set up camp! Also, does anyone know about the KOA's near the Grand Canyon.

Thanks
TL

soaravenal
Explorer
Explorer
lilwes278 wrote:
soaravenal wrote:
Makes it a little exciting when you walk out of your trailer and there is a bear twenty feet away from you.

That's about all it would take and my wife would never go camping with me again! 3 years ago my friend and I took off to go deer hunting, and as we were pulling into the campsite that we usually stay in, 2 bear cubs went running across the campsite. Needless to say, we just stayed in the truck for a good 30 minutes. Never did see mama bear though.

The funny part to the story, was after seeing the bear I went back into the trailer to tell my wife about it and instantly she rolled all of the windows shut. She must of used both arms, both legs to do so becase from the outside it sure looked like all of the windows shut exactly at the same time. My brother made a lot of noise and scared the bear away. I had never seen someone do that but it seemed to work. When he was yelling at the bear I could of swore he said, "Hey bear, come over hear and take a bite!" Perhaps that is what I was thinking would happen since he was making all of this noise. Anyway, Kings Canyon is a lot of fun. Nice little river and very cool scenery.

lilwes278
Explorer
Explorer
soaravenal wrote:
Makes it a little exciting when you walk out of your trailer and there is a bear twenty feet away from you.

That's about all it would take and my wife would never go camping with me again! 3 years ago my friend and I took off to go deer hunting, and as we were pulling into the campsite that we usually stay in, 2 bear cubs went running across the campsite. Needless to say, we just stayed in the truck for a good 30 minutes. Never did see mama bear though.
2005 GMC 2500hd 4x4 CC/SB D/A
1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4x4
1989 Terry 26B

soaravenal
Explorer
Explorer
lilwes278 wrote:
soaravenal wrote:
I am in Central California and would love to find others with children to go camping with. I have twin girls who are 4 and a 1 year old girl. We love to go camping at Pismo Beach, and in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We really like Camp Edison at Shaver Lake.

Hello fellow central CA family-camper! My wife, 2.5 year old daughter, and I just stepped up from a tent to a TT and are looking to put it to good use. Have you ever camped up at Eastman Lake? Several of my friends and relatives camp up there and they really enjoy it. We will be taking our first trip up there for either Memorial Day weekend or the weekend before. Also, do you know of any good spots to camp out towards Kings Canyon (prefer either dry camping or small campgrounds)?

I have not camped at Eastman Lake, however I hear it is a lot of fun up there. I typically go to Shaver Lake and stay at Camp Edison. As for Kings Canyon, Cedar Grove has several camp sites that are trailer friendly. I think all of them are dry spots along the river. Have to be careful about the bears at Kings Canyon. The two trips that I took to KC we encountered bears in the camp ground both times. Makes it a little exciting when you walk out of your trailer and there is a bear twenty feet away from you. Another fun place to go is up to Dinkey Creek, which is about 10 miles from Shaver Lake. They have several spots off the side of the road that are great for dry camping. I have spent the last 8 memorial weekends up there. Last year we even had snow.

Shane

lilwes278
Explorer
Explorer
soaravenal wrote:
I am in Central California and would love to find others with children to go camping with. I have twin girls who are 4 and a 1 year old girl. We love to go camping at Pismo Beach, and in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We really like Camp Edison at Shaver Lake.

Hello fellow central CA family-camper! My wife, 2.5 year old daughter, and I just stepped up from a tent to a TT and are looking to put it to good use. Have you ever camped up at Eastman Lake? Several of my friends and relatives camp up there and they really enjoy it. We will be taking our first trip up there for either Memorial Day weekend or the weekend before. Also, do you know of any good spots to camp out towards Kings Canyon (prefer either dry camping or small campgrounds)?
2005 GMC 2500hd 4x4 CC/SB D/A
1999 GMC Yukon SLE 4x4
1989 Terry 26B

Ray_Se
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone on Long Island interested in camping? We usually go out east but we're into trying different places. We started early and the little ones aren't little anymore but we still love to go so now we borrow our nieces ages 8 & 10!! 3 kids - 18, 20, & 23 and we're still young enough to live it up a little!! (Life is good!!)

engine31
Explorer
Explorer
nkycamper. do you camp in anyone particular area of the state or do you care? We are from the Louisville area and interested in camping with other families.

nkycamper
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard a couple of others from Ky. I live in Northern Ky. just south of cincy the family and I would be interested in a Ky. group... thanks in advance
JAYCO 27.5 BHS 5ER
2006 GMC 2500HD DURMAMAX 4DR LB
2 GIRLS 6 AND 3
WIFE

waymac
Explorer
Explorer
amherstburg ontario here, would love to get into a family group... wmaclean@gmail.com
2 Adults
3 Kids, 9, 6, 3
1 9week old, gonna be huge puppydog
1995 Ford F-150 Supercab
2002 Coleman Cottonwood Popup

MP_soldier
Explorer
Explorer
"I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member"
-Groucho Marx
2000 Volvo 770
10 speed Eaton autoshift transmission