cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

Tinkerszs
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a group in Colorado? We are first timers and have a 1 year old and a 3 year old.

tonyshell@comcast.net

Thanks!
Coleman Niagara Pop-Up
mommy to ds~7 and dd~5

camposborne
Explorer
Explorer
anyone out there from NJ, upstate NY or north east PA?

we're up in ski-country and looking to find families that love to travel on the weekends, and hook up for barbecues/game nights and such on the remaining weekends of the year.

we also have quads and would like to meet other atv enthusiasts who like to ride.

if you're game, post here or PM me. we've got access to website space and time to organize functions if you're interested!
Pat, Tamm and Jay
'05 Pioneer Bunkhouse (31')
'05 Dodge Ram 2500 ST/4X4 QC, 5.7-Liter HEMI V8, 5 speed manual, 3.73 Axle Ratio
Other toys: '06 Polaris Sportsman 450's - army green (his), electric blue (hers) - kid bought a guitar instead!
Uptd map 070706

Carol911
Explorer
Explorer
We have belonged to a group of 20 families for years. started out as just our local Fire Dept families but over the years others have joined us. We have 2 main campouts a year. 1st week-end in May and 3rd week-end of Sept. Anyone is welcome to come along. Contact me for list of camp-outs.
2002 GMC Yukon
2006 Travelstar 21SB
Me, DH
DS, DD (2)
Bria the Senegal Parrot

eightpac
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
My name is Stephanie and we are a military family in Murrieta, CA interested in joining a camping group. We currently own a 31' Jayflight TT and have not used it very much due to spouses many deployments. Now that he is on shore we are looking for others that also enjoy the fun and flexibility of camping with a TT.

Would love to hear from Lindylu that posted re a Camping Group here in the Inland Empire.

Thanx,
Stephanie

MrsRawhide
Explorer
Explorer
MFOX - we have found that by attending a rally, we got to meet some great families. We went to our first rally in May, have just had a midget (only 3 families) rally last weekend, are planning a midget rally 2 (5 families so far are signed up and it's only been open for a few days now), and my husband is one of the committee members for next years spring rally. It's a great way to meet camping families and make some great friends.

The Midget Rally2 will be at Camp Waubeeka which is located at Copake NY on the weekend of September 8,9,& 10th. Here is the link to that rally: Midget Rally 2

Other members from this years Northeast Rally are also having a rally in August 4,5,6 up in the berkshires in Massachusetts. Here is the link to that rally Mid-Summer Rally

The link to the Northeast Rally 2007 at Deer Run May 4th โ€“ 6th is Deer Run 2007

There is also a rally being planned on the Jersey Shore Jersey Shore
Deb, Mark, Dan, Cheyenne and Kenny

MFOX
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! We are from Long Island, New York and would love to be part of a group. We don't even know anyone who has any type of camper. We are camping for the first time on Long Island this weekend. So, I am hoping that we will meet other families. Does anyone have an idea on how to start one? Great topic!!!
MFox
Wonderful DH
Three kids:)
Daughter 99
Sons 01 & 05
Four rescue dogs who are wonderful!

Lindylu
Explorer
Explorer
We want to start a club in Southern California specifically the Inland Empire. Would prefer a nice mix of families, empty-nesters, and young(ish) retirees.

Want to plan monthly outings to relatively local CGs and possible one or two longer trips to more distant locales.

Jammom
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone in Central IL want to join together? I'm at least 3-5 hours from Rockford & northern IL
Cindi & Charlie
Jennifer, Alyssa & Matthew

Pics of the Jammer

travysmommy
Explorer
Explorer
OKC here...if anyone else is ๐Ÿ™‚

John

- hubby :B

Jennifer

- wifey ๐Ÿ˜‰
[purple]13 yr. old munchkin[/purple] :C

9 yr. old munchkin

๐Ÿ˜›

5 yr. old munchkin

:Z
Basil - Black Mouth Cur Puppy :B

Outbackers ROCK!!!

2006 Sydney Outback 31RQS - Havana
2003 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

pixiewife
Explorer
Explorer
I'm interested instarting a group of family campers with young families in the southeastern Mi area. Specifically Northern Macomb/Southern St.Clair counties. My kids are 10 months, 2 1/2 years, 5 years, and 9 1/2 years old. I have 4 boys! We camp in a travel trailer, and love to stay within our general area, but have been as far as the South Western part of the state.
Anyone else?
Kelli & Eric & "The Boys"
Love The RV!!!!!!!
www.officialworkathomesite.com
www.affordablehealthcaresite.com

red_robin_40
Explorer
Explorer
mamalama wrote:
Would be fun to have a group of familiar faces for the kids....and to have different camping styles too. Could be a lot to learn. Will travel in Ohio & beyond......

Check out http://www.ohiorally.com/

We started out as a bunch of strangers that met on the internet :B and now we are in our 2nd camping season. Next campout is CedarPoint/East Harbor, June 14-18.

mdapsey
Explorer
Explorer
CAMPING GROUP IN ROCKFORD IL AREA !!!

Rockford Area Family Campers (RAFC)

We are a group of families that have been camping together for many years some of us are 3rd generation families. We try and stay under 2 hours from Rockford for our campouts. We camp once a month for the summer May thru Oct. We still meet once a month during the winter and have a potluck dinner. We range from ages of 1 year old to many years old. Our method of camping ranges from tents to motorhomes.

If anyone is interested in getting more information send me an email and I will get more info for you. You are also welcome to come to any of our campouts and see if we are a group you would enjoy spending some time with.

Mike

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
DZCS1 wrote:
If there is enough interest in Illinois, I could start a camping group in Northern Illinois.

I am sure everyone has a good idea for where everyone could visit! Love to hear everyones idea's and thoughts if your ready to have some fun!

Just drop me an email.

So, like one person said, "Git R Done" ๐Ÿ™‚

Count us in! The RV is stocked and ready.
Gordon, Susie, Diane, Catie, Susan, Shawn, Annie, Jessi, Keith, Selena.(Yes, 8 kids)
1 Dog Bonnie.
96 Rexhall Aerbus Class A (The Dawghouse II)

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos

SafariNight
Explorer
Explorer
mamalama wrote:
Would be fun to have a group of familiar faces for the kids....and to have different camping styles too. Could be a lot to learn. Will travel in Ohio & beyond......

mamalama - I tried to send you some information on the OhioRally camping group but you have restrictions on who can send private messages to you.

Terry
โ€œIt isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't soโ€ - Will Rogers

bsullivan
Explorer
Explorer
Any family camping groups in the Seattle (or Eastside Bellevue/Issaquah/etc) area? Or any interest in starting one up? We've got two toddlers ( 4 yo boy, 2.5 yo girl ) who love camping. But they have a lot more fun if there are kids their age.
2006 F350, 6.0 PSD, Auto, Crew Cab, Loooonng Bed.
2004 Keystone Cougar 281BFS