cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

Bigcoyote
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone who is interested!!

Chandler, Arizona YMCA Adventure Guides is holding it's annual Swim Party / Recruitment Event on Sunday,Aug. 20th, 06 at the Chandler YMCA - 1655 W. Frye Rd. in Chandler, AZ from 5-8pm

This is a Parent - Child group that does ALOT of camping!!

check out

www.chandler-princesses.com
www.chandler-guides.com

lots of great info

Hope to see some new faces!!
John , Juli & the kids
2005 T@B T-16 - T@Basazi
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1957 Shasta 15 footer ( project )
All Photos
Camp Photos

campnis4us
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any groups in Upstate SC? Sounds like a lot of fun.
2012 Forest River Surveyor 305QT
2005 Ford 250 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel

Seckvahl
Explorer
Explorer
Lindylu wrote:
We want to start a club in Southern California specifically the Inland Empire. Would prefer a nice mix of families, empty-nesters, and young(ish) retirees.

Want to plan monthly outings to relatively local CGs and possible one or two longer trips to more distant locales.

We're in Rancho Cucamonga (where it is currently 103 degrees at 10pm...ugh). We'd love to camp with other local(ish) families.
Mom '64 and Dad '60
Dtrs '91, '93, '98
Son '96
Duchess the Receiver and Hadley the Hound

2005 Suburban 1500
2000 Fleetwood Mesa

REDRAT
Explorer
Explorer
Myself... 36yo
My lovely beautiful wonderful awsome wife... a little older
Our kids 2yrs and 4yrs... both boys
In CENTRAL FLA, will travel (cause we have a TT duuuu)...
Looking for a group to camp with.
We are loud, friendly, and to some weird......

sblagg
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds great! We're in NE GA, close to the Carolinas. If anyone is wanting to start something up, let me know! We have three kids- 12,10,(girls)&6(boy.
We're not rowdy- but I do like my wine at the campfire.
Shannon

kcmustangs
Explorer
Explorer
Kansas City area campers...

We are just starting a brand new chapter of the FCRV (Family Campers and RVers) that is geared towards FAMILIES!! It's called the "Weekenders" because we mostly do the weekend camping thing, due to work schedules. So far we've got 5 member families who camp in anything from a tent to a travel trailer to a pop-up to a vintage camper trailer and a small class C MH.

Would love to have more families join us as we start out making up this new chapter. Most member families have a kid or two (ages 3-14) and a dog. We camp monthly from April to October, and are open to anyone who loves camping and familiy values (no old fogies or drunkin idiots please!)

We'll be camping at Wallace State Park in NW MO (about an hour north on I-35 from KC) July 21-23. If interested in more info, contact me! Help us make this group great for families like yours... okay, that sounded kinda hokey I know, but you get the picture.

Thanks,
Chris
1963 Shasta Airflyte 16' TT GO VINTAGE!
1987 Dodge Ramcharger 360 V8/727
Me, Renee, 3 kids (6,11,13 years old) and Shadow da dog!

www.vintageshastas.com

debid316
Explorer
Explorer
Pics of our campsite on the 4th of July
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/debid316/000_0250.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/debid316/000_0249.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/debid316/000_0248.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/debid316/000_0247.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/debid316/000_0244.jpg

debid316
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Emporia, Kansas and we just found a fantastic and CHEAP campground. The campground has really nice lots with lots of shade. We were there for the 4th of July weekend and had a whole section to ourselves. It was FANTASTIC!

We are right between Topeka Kansas (45 min), Kansas City(1 1/2 hour), and Wichita(1 hour). This awesome campground is no more than 1 1/2 hours from any of those locations. We are also central to OK, NE, and CO (within 2-4 hours drive). The camp sites are on the river, but there is a "lake" on the other side of the dam. The kids loved swimming in the river. We have water shoes,,, of course LOL!

We would love to to meet other fun families to camp with. We may be the campers that some complain about of these forums *hangs head*. We go to let loose and have fun. We take our dogs, kids, and firewater. *hangs head again* We honest to God do try to be considerate. We keep our dogs chained, or crated in the trailer. The only time the dogs bark is when someone new comes on our campsite. We put our dogs in their crates at dark. We have 2 Chihuahuas and a black lab, We worry about a fox, or racoon or some other critter biting our tiny ones at night in the dark.

The kids go to their tents about 10:00 or so.... (After they roast weeines and make smores) They are scaring each other for another 30 minutes or so (until we tell them to knock it off) Let's face it, camping is for the kids to let loose and have fun. *IMHO* Us Big kids like to have a little fun at camp too. We don't get outa hand. We like to sit around the campfire at night after the kids are tented down and laugh and cut up. We don't fight, we don't scream, we don't drink ourselves crazy.

DH and I also take our alone trips where it is just him and I (our little mini and cheap alone trip to get away from the kids) We have 7 kids ranging in age between 28 all the way down to 8. We are a BLENDED family. We also just welcomed our first grandbaby almost 7 weeks ago!!!!

We aint trashy *chomps gum on one side of mouth* LOL!! we are hardworking people who pay our bills on time, go to work every day (to pay for all of these kids LOL!!) We do scope the campgrounds to try to stay away from big fancy RVs with a perfectly neat campsite. We figure if they don't have a few tents set up and some kids stuff laying around they don't want to put up with our kids having the time of their lives. I understand. When DH and I go alone we look for a quieter section because we are going to get away from kids. Our campsite is neat when it is just him and I too.

It would be a blast to meet other people like us. We are harmless really. LOL!

campnis4us
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds like fun. I would be interested in getting together with people in Upstate SC (Greenville County) area.
2012 Forest River Surveyor 305QT
2005 Ford 250 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel

camposborne
Explorer
Explorer
i'd like to be in the san antonio area...but hubby still isn't ready to pull up roots yet...
Pat, Tamm and Jay
'05 Pioneer Bunkhouse (31')
'05 Dodge Ram 2500 ST/4X4 QC, 5.7-Liter HEMI V8, 5 speed manual, 3.73 Axle Ratio
Other toys: '06 Polaris Sportsman 450's - army green (his), electric blue (hers) - kid bought a guitar instead!
Uptd map 070706

STACYB
Explorer
Explorer
I have a East Tn Camping Club. We are a group of over 50 and growing who talk about camping and are planning our very first outing together, come join.
www.easttncampingclub.com
Stacy
Jeff
Josh(15)
Mackenzie(4)
Ryan(2)
2003 Starcraft Comet
1996 Dodge Dakota
http://community.webshots.com/user/ehstrojette
www.Easttncampingclub.com

GlennLaine3
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone in the San antonio Texas area?:B
Glenn,Laine,Allison & Madison
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4DR A/T 4WD Cummins Power 4" Bully Dog Exhaust turbo back
2007 Jayco Jay Flight 3.15 BHDS
Yamaha EF3000iseb:C
BUCK THE GOLDEN AND RILEY THE ENGLISH SPRINGER...and Murphy,WHO IS IN OUR HEART ๐Ÿ˜›

84elandan
Explorer
Explorer
anything is southwest PA?

shawn

alice462
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Central Virginia - camping groups in this area????

Sarahdove
Explorer
Explorer
Lindylu wrote:
We want to start a club in Southern California specifically the Inland Empire. Would prefer a nice mix of families, empty-nesters, and young(ish) retirees.

Want to plan monthly outings to relatively local CGs and possible one or two longer trips to more distant locales.

I just joined this group and saw your post. Hubby and I are empty nesters and camp with our 2 golden retrievers and 2 boston terriers. We go camping in Temecula about 2 times a year at Vail Lake RV Resort, formly Butterfield Country. We actually have good friends in Wildomar.
We also camp in Ventura at Ventura RV Resort. We are camping there on July 6,7,8. They have a dog show at the fairgrounds right next to the campground. We will be camping there over the Labor Day weekend as well. If you are interested, let me know and maybe we could meet up sometime.
Hubby and I both still work so weekends are the only times we are available.
Warmly,
Sarah and Nick & our Golden R's and Boston T's
'06 3500 Chevy crew cab dually
'06 Open Road 396RD-4S
Sarah and Nick & our 2 Golden Retrievers and 2 Boston Terriers
'06 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
2015 Fiat (toad)

"No matter how much money you have or how few possessions, having a dog makes you rich."

Profile has my dog pics