cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

phyatwork
Explorer
Explorer
Any groups in the northeast? We live in northwest VT. My boys, 14 and 12 greatly prefer camping with a group. They like biking, fishing, hiking, general horsing around!
phyatwork, wishing I was camping...:W

Lil_Darlin1972
Explorer
Explorer
socialstudiesmom wrote:
We're a family of five in lower south west MI. We'd love to join a family camping group. Anyone know of one?! We enjoy hiking, biking, and kayaking. If there's any interest from fellow Michiganders, we could organize a group. PM me if you like!

Hi...we are also a family of five from Livingston County. Not too far from you. We are new campers and are really excited about the idea of meeting other camping families. I haven't seen too many other Mi families here yet. Maybe come spring there will be enough of us to form a group ๐Ÿ™‚
~Shannone

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Married to my best friend and high school sweetheart for 16 years
3 happy kids,one crazy wheaten terrier and our new mini schnauzer

Come on over, we always have an extra seat by the fire
:C

HwyPlt
Explorer
Explorer
Any camping group in southern florida ?. We're a family of five with interests in hiking & enjoying the outdoors.
CHASING THE SUN & RACING THE WIND

socialstudiesmo
Explorer
Explorer
We're a family of five in lower south west MI. We'd love to join a family camping group. Anyone know of one?! We enjoy hiking, biking, and kayaking. If there's any interest from fellow Michiganders, we could organize a group. PM me if you like!
2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK
2014 Jayco Greyhawk BH

dounojc
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the Seattle area (actually N.E.of Seattle), we too are looking to communicate with campers in our area. We don't do much drinking, so I guess we're kind of boreing, but we do like relaxing and enjoying the great outdoors, playing cards, and games, we like to go on walks with our kids. Like I said, kind of boreing.
OC and BDB
DDs 12 & 16
2 Dogs - 1 camps \ 1 NOT
1 Female cats (stay at home cats)
RV 2002 Fleetwood Sun Valley
TV 2003 Denali 6.0L

sccamping
Explorer
Explorer
We succeeded!! See other post.
Bruce & Chrissy

maverickrv
Explorer
Explorer
I have looked around the Fresno California area for a family group to no avail. Only retired oldies in the Good Sam Clubs. I hope they think about the fact that as they pass on the group will dissapear and all their efforts will have been in vain.

I too would like a group to meet with once or twice a year in the California area. I have 6 kids total, but only 3 at home 15, 8 and 10.
30' 1996 Georgie Boy Maverick 30'
Has wheels, so we travel

4tumbleweeds
Explorer
Explorer
We would be interested in camping with other families. We have two girls 4 and 8 in Las Vegas, NV.

momsahappycampe
Explorer
Explorer
TxHawkeye wrote:
Our group is the North Texas Camping Association. We are a family oriented group who camp around a 100 mile radius of the Dallas-Ft Worth metroplex.

Check out our site at www.ntxca.com!! :B

Hey TXHawkeye, were right down the road from you, The Colony!!! We'll see ya around!

sccamping
Explorer
Explorer
New Subject: Is anyone a member of the "Camp Club USA" where you pay a yearly fee but get 50% of the campsite at certain campgrounds? Would be interested in what folks think about the campgrounds involved and treatment at 1/2 off!
Bruce & Chrissy

sccamping
Explorer
Explorer
delete
Bruce & Chrissy

go_leafs_go
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first year camping so we have tried to talk with as many people as possible.
Well at a campground this year we got talking to a group of campers who have met up once a year for 30 years (same time, different place.) They were a well mixed group as younger families have been added over the years, and very organized with all the activities.
Each year a new captain is chosen, and this person decides where they will meet and some of the activities. Mostly they relaxed and enjoyed each others company. Though everyone got together for meals each cooked there own so no one person was put upon, making it enjoyable for all.
This is the kind of camping group we would like to get into. If there are any like this in Southern Ontario let me know.
Me -older, wiser but still a leaf fan
The Boss tells me my team sucks
The Bosses Boss 12 and a happy camper, go Argos
little chicken shuit-zu

SpudKing
Explorer
Explorer
I've been reading in this forum topic and have seen many people looking for a Family Camping Group in AZ. The wife (ultra organized), I (mostly scatter-brained) and our 10 year old (mostly chatty) are willing to undertake the task of organizing such a group if there is sufficent interest.

All Arizonans know that we can camp 365 around here and find just the weather we are looking for. From North Rim to Mogollon Rim, Aqua Prieta to Saguara National Monument. Roosevelt Lake to the Colorado River we have it all. High country in the winter, Desert in the winter.

If you're interested, either post a message here or PM me.
1999 F-350 XLT Supercab Longbed 7.3L PSD
2000 Dutchmen Lite 25QB Fifth Wheel
Me, The Wife, The Kid and The Golden Retreiver

MFOX
Explorer
Explorer
Any Long Islanders out there??? We would love to meet other Long Islanders who love camping with the kids.
MFox
Wonderful DH
Three kids:)
Daughter 99
Sons 01 & 05
Four rescue dogs who are wonderful!

tentspike
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone from Pa or where ever for that matter we will be in Sunberry Pa at Fantasy Island CG on the Susqehanna River fron Thursday the 24th to Sat the 26th on site #42. Beautifull area. PM me if interested or surprise us:)Their website is Fantasyland.com
Family of Four-10 yr. old daughter,5 yr. old boy
06 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Crew Cab
Turbo Charged 6.6ltr Duramax 4X4
Allison 6 Speed
Prodigy Brake Controller
Reese Weight Dist. Bars
Reese Dual Cam Sway Bars
2005 Pilgrim 290BHSS