cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

outdrmike
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great idea we are new to trailer camping, we just purchased our first tent trailer. We have two kids under the age of seven and don't have very many friends who like camping. We are in Northern Ca in the Bay Area.
2007 JAY SERIES 1007
DW
DS: 7
DD: 2

4hapyMcDs
Explorer
Explorer
go leafs go wrote:
This is our first year camping so we have tried to talk with as many people as possible.
Well at a campground this year we got talking to a group of campers who have met up once a year for 30 years (same time, different place.) They were a well mixed group as younger families have been added over the years, and very organized with all the activities.
Each year a new captain is chosen, and this person decides where they will meet and some of the activities. Mostly they relaxed and enjoyed each others company. Though everyone got together for meals each cooked there own so no one person was put upon, making it enjoyable for all.
This is the kind of camping group we would like to get into. If there are any like this in Southern Ontario let me know.
contact me for more info.
The outdoors is a wonderful place to be....

4hapyMcDs
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone from the Niagara Falls Canada area, we camp 3-4 days at a time in NF or close to home so my DH can drive to work and we get to enjoy the CG. Even if your visitng the Falls area it is great to meet new friends.
The outdoors is a wonderful place to be....

neverdunncampin
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Central Coast California, and have a 31' Jayco trailer. We love camping and manage to get out about 2 times a year. We love the mountains and the coast. We would love to get together with any families. Our son is 3.5 years. For labor day we have plans for Lake Tahoe...

boobooschnikens
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there folks! We are interested in any groups in North Georgia. We just baught our new PUP and going to Victoria Bryant state park on the maiden voyage this weekend!

Everyone have a great Memorial day trip!!
Mom and Dad ๐Ÿ˜‰
2 chilluns:B
1 fat black lab(dieting) Dakota:C
1 Neurotic obsessive poodle Dexter.:h
2007 Fleetwood Williamsburg:B:B
04 Dodge Ram SLT quad cab:C

TravelWithTripl
Explorer
Explorer
How about the Texas Hill Country? We have searched for groups, but haven't found any that promote activities or membership for younger families with or without children. We not opposed to starting one in our area (we're just Northwest of San Antonio), so chime in if there is any interest.
Husband & Wife married 14 years - 42 & 37
Boy - Boy - Girl Triplets that are 9 years old.:)
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
2009 Ford F-350 4x4 DRW CC Lariat 6.4 w/4.10

bjsmmns
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody from Mississippi???

MoonSpell
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone intrested in camping up my way The Upper Pennisula of MI......I'd love to meet some of yous!!!!Anyone camping up this way?????
Tania

hillbillynKS
Explorer
Explorer
People in Kansas check out the Kansas Camo Camping Circle web-site.
http://groups.msn.com/KansasCamoCampingCircle

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
To Urbanifam5,

We are in your area! And have chidren about the same age. I'm not sure how to contact you. I'm new so try to contact me.

Deb
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15

tentspike
Explorer
Explorer
We Live in Southern Chester Co., (South E.Pa) and would love to try a group trip locally at first with a family who also has kids! My 7 yr. Daughter gets bored of her 2.5 yr. old brother.
Matt
Family of Four-10 yr. old daughter,5 yr. old boy
06 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Crew Cab
Turbo Charged 6.6ltr Duramax 4X4
Allison 6 Speed
Prodigy Brake Controller
Reese Weight Dist. Bars
Reese Dual Cam Sway Bars
2005 Pilgrim 290BHSS

TwinsNmore
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any family camping rallies for Southern Californians? We have 3 small kids who love making new friends.

shlms78
Explorer
Explorer
Any camping groups in Saskatchewan?

PM me at shlms78@hotmail.com
2002 Dodge Ram 4.7L w/3.92
2000 Travelaire Rustler RT 230
Tekonsha Voyager

WeRmudfun
Explorer
Explorer
Another camping season set to start. Any groups ever form in the NH, MA, ME, VT. area? We'd be interested.
One husband, one wife, one son, one dog

2006 Jayco Greyhawk 29GS
2011 Jeep Liberty

Our YouTube Videos

autorot8
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone interested in No. California, East Bay?
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi

"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"