cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problems with past RV Parks you've stayed at?

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
Over the course of the last 12 months, what has been your most consistent present problem?
46 REPLIES 46

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Off-leash dogs.

My camping cat and I sometimes resort to taking turns getting up every 10 minutes or so, to look out the window and see if the dogs have finally been taken in, so he can go out.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen it all. Trees not trimmed, barking dogs, dog poop, cutting through my site, loud parties, management not enforcing rules, loud exhaust. Come to think of it, what the heck am I doing this for. Much nicer if I just stay home.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
If you have ever dealt with the public on a long term basis you will understand he is not exaggerating.
Yikes. Glad I never have.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
2oldman wrote:
bgum wrote:
I agree with westernrvparkowner.
Methinks he may be exaggerating just a bit, but I get the drift.

If you have ever dealt with the public on a long term basis you will understand he is not exaggerating.
The public believes the public is always right.
Unfortunately the manager,owner,or clerk. Has to inform the public when they are wrong. It doesn't always go well ....LOL
Working with the general public can be difficult at times...one bad apple can ruin a day
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Haven't really had any problems in a very long time. Night time noise would probably be the biggest complaint but it seems to be a rare occurance anymore.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
I agree with westernrvparkowner.
Methinks he may be exaggerating just a bit, but I get the drift.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with westernrvparkowner. Why would we stay somewhere we are dissatisfied. Life is too short to tolerate unhappy conditions. The park owner should not have to listen to constant complaining about things beyond their control or something they feel is not a problem. Your RV has wheels. Some people look for things to complain about. That type is usually unhappy in life.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
Sold my park. From the other side, our troubles WERE , in no order, with late arrivals that cant park, quieting the party, people driving on grass, bringing unapproved firewood, noise ( voices, music, trucks) during quiet hours, forgetting time changes, so ringing officebell an hour early or late, babies without swim diapers and dogs in pool. Damage, abuse of free provided sports equipment, those who do not read the info for wifi log in, or CATV hookup, even when we bring a test tv set or ipad to their site and show them the wifi is good, CATV is good, so sorry, it must be something with your equipment. Cutting weiner sticks from camp trees and shrubs, trash in firerings, barking dogs left in the rig, theft of backflow preventers( pity that guy that thinks he scooped a regulator) Trash in recycling bins, sewage spills, leaking hoses, both types, A/C on with windows open, dog poop, even poor reviews about wildlife poo along hiking trails, , tree sap, pine cones falling on the roof, lawsuits and medical claims ( never won by them) for injury or illness for their own actions or tripping over a natural hazard while drunk.

My point is so many faults are attributed to the private camps that are beyond their control, yet are expected by many to maintain social order as it exists around their home. Some People go camping to get out of that regimen. My pity is for those who little time off work have to schedule late arrival, early departure, with no time between to just hang out.

People behave better in state and fed parks because the hosts wear official uniforms and have authority to enforce.
Few private camp owners last more than 5 years. The burnout from long hours, a demanding public, staffing, regulations, takes away all the romantic vision. Only someone who approaches this industry as a business with a thick skin lasts.

Oh Yeah, cut that tree limb under 14' We lasted 19years.
Looks like you picked a great time to sell. Hope you didn't owner finance the sale because it sure looks like this is going to be the leanest year ever, assuming parks are even allowed to open. The businesses in the Black Hills are going to suffer greatly if Mount Rushmore is closed and Sturgis is cut back or cancelled.
You left out my greatest pet peeve: people who think park owners are somehow omnipotent. Contrary to popular belief, we cannot change the weather, suddenly make a cell phone carrier provide service to the area, bring an Oceanfront Beach to Montana or make the fish bite. We cannot turn a Grizzly Bear into Yogi Bear and make them talk and play the banjo. We don't write the rules for the National Parks and can't waive things like prohibitions on ATVs or give you a pass to take your dogs on the trails. Walmart is not going to build a store next door because you want one close by. And no, we actually don't set the prices at the local market or the local restaurants. We only have control over our little piece of ground, not the entire state.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many people, too much asphalt, loud kids, dogs and music. Expensive. Not enough shade.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
Sold my park. From the other side, our troubles WERE , in no order, with late arrivals that cant park, quieting the party, people driving on grass,...
This is good. Dealing with the public is a job I'm glad I never had.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
I stayed at a nice RV park last week and it was a very nice park. But what irked me greatly was their rules had a disparagement clause saying the campers could not say anything negative about the park. I don't think they could sue you for saying something negative, if it's true, but all the same I would rather stay somewhere else that does not have such an extreme rule. Negative and false = bad. Negative and true - we still have freedom of speech.

please identify the park.
thanks
bumpy

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Parks? Campgrounds are so much different than "parks".

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Idiots speeding through the CG or RV Park. If the posted limit is 10 then donโ€™t drive 11 much less 25 or more. Lots of kids, dogs and grumpy old guys like me that do not have a death wish. Grrrrr!

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
On my journey across the US and back this past year, I would have to say loose dogs would be my biggest rant. Rules just don't apply to some people At one park in TX, the camp hosts had 3 loose dogs and they "pack up" and with my cocker spaniel on a lease, it was not good.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually not the parks, but the websites describine sites. Apparently some of the websites measure a 50 foot site from the center of the road. Photos done with a wide angle lens.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow