cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
We never really stopped but limited to trips to nearby campsites.

Previously, we make multi-state camping trips.

This time with Covid and having those low-compliance (actually, defiant) states on health protocols, planning looks very challenging -- almost impossible not to stop on those states from West to East trip. We've already completed the West from Mexico border into Canada (Victoria BC and Vancouver).

Or maybe re-do the West Coast until Covid is actually under control and vaccination reached mass immunity (70 to 80%), seen to be about fall.

Any ideas from better minds around here?
48 REPLIES 48

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
0.007% percent chance of getting infected IF you get the vaccine. Not dying, not getting sick, just getting infected.
Live your life!
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
I recall the Florida governor actually sued, raided the home and arrested a health official who was reporting the real numbers of cases and deaths.

You might want to dig a little deeper. That fired employee was dropped from her graduate program for misconduct, was arrested for cyberstalking, and has made allegations that havenโ€™t held up. More here.
2013 RT 190-Popular

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
The State of Alaska is offering free immunizations for tourists. This is to support tourism in the state.

Check the news article here.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Governors hiding numbers are more scary than an accurate reporting of high case (eg Michigan).

I recall the Florida governor actually sued, raided the home and arrested a health official who was reporting the real numbers of cases and deaths..

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ivylog,

Florida is not giving updates on numbers. It makes them "look good".
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fullmoonoversalem wrote:
... Instead of mocking them, perhaps showing a little concern for other individuals would make more sense.

To be so concerned about such a thing is so useless.

Indeed, a waste of energy. I only gets concerned if their behavior intrudes or poses risk to me or the community.

BTW, we've resumed RVing post our 2nd dose.

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Cracks me up seeing people driving in their cars alone with masks on. The dimwits don't seem to understand that these cloth masks really on provide a modicum of protection for others around the mask wearer. The dishrag over your nose and mouth does ZERO to keep you from inhaling the virus.

Other than wearing masks when entering a public area (store etc), and working from home still, my routine and actions have been largely unchanged. We still go out to eat with friends of ours on the weekend, we still go RVing. I have sanitizer with me I use after pumping gas and after being in the restaurant. But, other than that, life is pretty much unaffected.

Mike

I can't understand why it it of any concern if someone is wearing a mask in another vehicle. You have no idea why they are doing so. I did last winter when we had -24 degree F. I did when I rented a car. I did when I drove someone's car to have it repaired. Perhaps they are ill and don't want to risk contamination of their vehicle. Instead of mocking them, perhaps showing a little concern for other individuals would make more sense.

To be so concerned about such a thing is so useless.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
The OP has underlying health issues making for a difficult time if he gets it. We on the other hand do not and have not stopped living life. Fortunately our area has only killed a few restaurants, most other businesses havenโ€™t slowed down and our schools have been open for in person learning (if desired) since September. We had no mask 14 family member, super spreader events at Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas without anyone getting sick.

Depending on where you live and your health condition you can let this thing limit what you do or not. We chose not and went West on short notice this past summer for 6 weeks and currently in SE Florida limiting our going out to eat to only 2-3 times a week. Have booked 2 cruises in October which hopefully will not get canceled.

Contrary to a previous post, there are 22 states with a higher death rate than Georgia which hasnโ€™t shut down and 26 worst than Florida that is open too. The worst states have 250+ deaths/100K while FL has 148 as of 3/8/2021.

Indeed, our genetic curse.

And yes, we have attempted to not stop RVing.

In fact, in the height of the pandemic, we had a camping trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park on the thought that California has a very strict mask and social distancing mandates.

But it seems "strict" is nothing to the reckless, thoughtless and functional illiterate. Despite the bold letters ubiquitous bulletins and reminders from Park Rangers, not a few visitors continue to ignore it.

A group without mask even tauntingly milled around a masked senior couple, a woman in wheelchair, and you can see in their faces that they are worried and scared and can't move fast enough to be out of there. It must have so discouraged them that they did not bother to check in, just boarded their van and exited the park.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The OP has underlying health issues making for a difficult time if he gets it. We on the other hand do not and have not stopped living life. Fortunately our area has only killed a few restaurants, most other businesses havenโ€™t slowed down and our schools have been open for in person learning (if desired) since September. We had no mask 14 family member, super spreader events at Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas without anyone getting sick.

Depending on where you live and your health condition you can let this thing limit what you do or not. We chose not and went West on short notice this past summer for 6 weeks and currently in SE Florida limiting our going out to eat to only 2-3 times a week. Have booked 2 cruises in October which hopefully will not get canceled.

Contrary to a previous post, there are 22 states with a higher death rate than Georgia which hasnโ€™t shut down and 26 worst than Florida that is open too. The worst states have 250+ deaths/100K while FL has 148 as of 3/8/2021.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Many people have contracted it numerous times.

100% false.:S
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
wopachop wrote:
... $35 per week and its boondocking. Which to me is a good thing and what we prefer...

And you can't find anything this cheap in CA, lol.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Or maybe re-do the West Coast
Absolutely gorgeous out here in Glamis CA. Tons of space if you can find beauty in the desert. Its very easy for a family to have a blast camping and not be close to other people if thats something youre worried about. $35 per week and its boondocking. Which to me is a good thing and what we prefer. There are guys who will come out and pump your tanks and give you water if needed. There is a rental company as well if you want to drive an ATV or SXS. Very family orientated you see happy little kiddos everywhere.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:

We're all gonna die!

Yes and you may die a lot sooner than many of us who do take this pandemic seriously. It is no joke.

I MAY also hot the Powerball tonight, but I also MAY not.
You MAY strangle yourself with your mask strings, but you also MAY not.

Yup, except your chances of getting Covid is a lot higher than winning the Powerball.

And being strangled by mask strings? Come on, are you a baby? Maybe not even.

Again, nobody intrudes in your rights to be a Darwin awardee, it's when you pull people down with you by your reckless behavior.

Try that. Nobody wills stop you running you truck down the steepest ravine. But ram someone off it somebody else to take them with you and you'll get a charge of homicide or murder if intent is proven.