cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
We never really stopped but limited to trips to nearby campsites.

Previously, we make multi-state camping trips.

This time with Covid and having those low-compliance (actually, defiant) states on health protocols, planning looks very challenging -- almost impossible not to stop on those states from West to East trip. We've already completed the West from Mexico border into Canada (Victoria BC and Vancouver).

Or maybe re-do the West Coast until Covid is actually under control and vaccination reached mass immunity (70 to 80%), seen to be about fall.

Any ideas from better minds around here?
48 REPLIES 48

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Merrykalia wrote:
While in NOLA just after Christmas, the city had a "mask mandate" when IN PUBLIC and 95% of people complied with it. Most all of the stores in the city were requiring masks if you came in. I saw several people be turned away from entering restaurants and stores because they refused the wear a mask. It was also that way in Galveston at the pier. We went to a restaurant there and they had tables spread out pretty well and servers were masked.

If the OP is paranoid (possibly with good reason), partying on Bourbon Street doesn't make a lot of sense. Masks or no masks.

Taking a walk by himself in the woods and then showering in his RV shower...no significant risk.

My intentions were to say that most people were abiding by the mandate and not complaining about using the masks and the mandate was being backed up by the stores/restaurnts. We were not "partying" since we were there with our two teenage daughters and were there during the day. Most everything closed down about 8 pm so there is very little partying going on there at the moment.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:

We're all gonna die!

Yes and you may die a lot sooner than many of us who do take this pandemic seriously. It is no joke.

I MAY also hot the Powerball tonight, but I also MAY not.
You MAY strangle yourself with your mask strings, but you also MAY not.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cracks me up seeing people driving in their cars alone with masks on. The dimwits don't seem to understand that these cloth masks really on provide a modicum of protection for others around the mask wearer. The dishrag over your nose and mouth does ZERO to keep you from inhaling the virus.

Other than wearing masks when entering a public area (store etc), and working from home still, my routine and actions have been largely unchanged. We still go out to eat with friends of ours on the weekend, we still go RVing. I have sanitizer with me I use after pumping gas and after being in the restaurant. But, other than that, life is pretty much unaffected.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Although some states also appears to be sabotaging it heartlessly and recklessly exposing their own constituents to death and suffering. That makes route planning a lot more challenging.

Heartlessly and Recklessly? LOL.

Are you of the belief that bureaucracy at the state level is more inept than bureaucracy at the federal level? How about Dr Fauci? What a buffoon. Masks were not suggested, then they were but you were OK tying a dish rag across your face, then 2 were suggested, is it now 3 or 4? Can this guy move a goalpost or what?

16 states and counting have decided the cure has been worse than the disease economically, educationally, psychologically, the list goes on. So perhaps not visit them.

Of course you'll always have a never ending supply of sheeple such as the ones wearing a mask while driving alone, who think a cloud of virus will spew from the defroster vent or blow in with a cold front.

We're all gonna die!

Dang, what have you been reading and listening to? Is he talking to you from the grave?

Suggested reading, Lancet Medical Journal saying that 40% of Covid deaths could have been prevented had leadership went on denial.. The read on the cases and death rates of cities and states not doing the mask mandates.

Oops, math may not be your strong suit, really someone telling you to put in 3 too 4 masks?

Yup, Darwin is not quick enough.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
GDS-3950BH wrote:

We're all gonna die!

Yes and you may die a lot sooner than many of us who do take this pandemic seriously. It is no joke.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Although some states also appears to be sabotaging it heartlessly and recklessly exposing their own constituents to death and suffering. That makes route planning a lot more challenging.

Heartlessly and Recklessly? LOL.

Are you of the belief that bureaucracy at the state level is more inept than bureaucracy at the federal level? How about Dr Fauci? What a buffoon. Masks were not suggested, then they were but you were OK tying a dish rag across your face, then 2 were suggested, is it now 3 or 4? Can this guy move a goalpost or what?

16 states and counting have decided the cure has been worse than the disease economically, educationally, psychologically, the list goes on. So perhaps not visit them.

Of course you'll always have a never ending supply of sheeple such as the ones wearing a mask while driving alone, who think a cloud of virus will spew from the defroster vent or blow in with a cold front.

We're all gonna die!

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fullmoonoversalem wrote:
I read your messages earlier tonight, and as I was checking out some of my other interests I came across this video. I have been following this COVID series since it started and found it very helpful and informative. I hope it can answer some questions for you.
Some information for traveling during COVID.

Thanks for sharing! This is indeed informative.

And yeah, we've been reading and observing developments in this regards.

Aside from wanting to resume RVing, e have unused travel packages for tours abroad.

Another wonderfull development appears that the new administration is now hitting 2 million mark of vaccinations a day doubling their initial target of 1 million aa day and resetting to an earlier date the so-called critical mass of 72% to 80% target for herd immunity.

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
I read your messages earlier tonight, and as I was checking out some of my other interests I came across this video. I have been following this COVID series since it started and found it very helpful and informative. I hope it can answer some questions for you.
Some information for traveling during COVID.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
I'll start by addressing "immunity". I'm really not sure immunity from this virus can be accomplished. Many people have contracted it numerous times. Maybe, over time, we can build anti-bodies to ward it off, but, for the time being..... The vaccine is only to reduce the effects of the virus. It does not contain the virus itself. Lastly, i, like millions of others, want my back to normal. I have received both doses of the Phizer vaccine. I am now willing to venture beyond my doorstep.

Same here. We had our immunizations. However, a friend of the family who lives in another state is on his second bout of COVID. He and his wife had it about 6 months ago. They had their immunizations and about 2 weeks after the second shot went camping and dined in a restaurant or two. He came down with it, and she is showing symptoms. He is having a some of those "male" problems still from the first episode and is worse now from what his son tells us.
I was all set to resume my normal life (depending on what you might perceive as normal), but I am going to remain cautious.

Last year, we travelled in state. I doubt if we could have travelled in our camper through Canada. We found the campgrounds crowded, people not social distancing or wearing masks. I think it was worse than during full tourist season in other years.

We intend to travel the state again, doing another area of Alaska. We will still social distance and probably cook our own food, wear masks, and thank goodness we don't have to use public restrooms. Being older, and my DH with disabilities we don't feel we can do otherwise until there is a little more safety in public places.

Alaska is apparently open to tourism this year. I hope that people realize that if they do become ill while they are here that our resources for care is limited. This may also be the case in other areas where you might travel. Check on the hospital status, the number of cases, and decide where it is safest to travel. Hopefully the summer will see a fall in the caseloads and we can all breathe easier and enjoy some beautiful scenery and friendly company.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to be not too long wait anymore with government announcing May target for vaccine availability for everyone.

Just not sure if we can still hold off the itch. It's just good that we are still busy with honey do's and improvements on the new home.:B

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Merrykalia wrote:
While in NOLA just after Christmas, the city had a "mask mandate" when IN PUBLIC and 95% of people complied with it. Most all of the stores in the city were requiring masks if you came in. I saw several people be turned away from entering restaurants and stores because they refused the wear a mask. It was also that way in Galveston at the pier. We went to a restaurant there and they had tables spread out pretty well and servers were masked.

If the OP is paranoid (possibly with good reason), partying on Bourbon Street doesn't make a lot of sense. Masks or no masks.

Taking a walk by himself in the woods and then showering in his RV shower...no significant risk.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I think you make it as safe as you want it to be. Ware your mask and wash up after being around people. Thats hand sanitizer and wipes. Easy to get or make. You dont need to be close to anyone while traveling. If someone isnt following masks and such, dont go near them. Its not hard to isolate if you want to, even in an camper. And get the vaccine as soon as you can, it doesn't mean you can't catch covid , but that the symptoms will be milder. Good luck. We have been camping through this whole thing, and even visited hersey park. We didnt get sick , but we also played it smart.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
This did not disappoint and thank you all for the wisdom, added knowledge and common sensical advices.

I seem over worried and cautious, but what I failed to mention I am someone who is genetically, as my other siblings, to virus contagion. And the effects on us is a lot worst. Common flu would send us into convulsions and deliriums. Hence these absolute precautions.

My brother had Covid and he said, as @ScottG, the worst thing he ever had, the feeling of drowning while catching his breath and a sickness that nearly caused his life -- and the damage still manifest 2 months into his recovery.

The other side of the story is that he got it from his in-laws, who because of their political affiliations, are defiant, reckless and disrespectful of Covid health protocols. And that inspite of seeing their own family members, two of them, died of Covid.

And yes, I've been to places where I thought the state had issued a mandate, and yet, the cities and districts choose to ignore them -- which I later confirmed through back-checking to have highest incidence of Covid cases and deaths.

I hope, nay pray, that everyone take the precautions and stay safe -- hopefully, with the accelerated vacations, we'll get the national mass or herd immunity.

We are monitoring the situation and as you all have suspected, itching to go farther and longer.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Any ideas from better minds around here?

Stay locked down in your basement. This BS is not over because some do not want it over. We're all gonna die!

PROPAGANDA

Huh?:h:S:@:p:?:@

LOL. Yea. Some people just don't get it.