cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ideal campground..

travelingfools
Explorer
Explorer
While sitting around the fire last weekend, in the rain I might add, the discussion moved to what an ideal campground would be like.. If we could design the sites, say what activities were available and what amenities might be available..

We came up with sites that had some privacy, but open with some sort of a view, good water and electric, level, a pond or lake, activities for kids and some adult activities in the early evening, garbage pickup, pizza and wing shop and wi/fi. These were a few I remember..

What would be your ideal campground ?
'87 MCI 9 bus..just starting conversion..Cant wait till spring !
24 REPLIES 24

pondputz
Explorer
Explorer
In winter:
Middle of nowhere in the warm desert, no one around, plenty of sun for the solar panels, breeze on cloudy days for the wind charger.

In Summer:
Middle of nowhere, no one around, little fishing spot, shade in the afternoon,

Bar ? I take my own ... It's solar powered

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Large level sites with gravel, at least one fully grown tree dept between sites for shade and some privacy. Fully stocked camp store, clean bathrooms, in-forced campground polices/security, laundry, Campground boarding either lake,river,ocean or forest for hiking.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

RetSgt7114
Explorer
Explorer
Well there you go. No need to ever ask any questions on this forum, they have all been asked already. Just check the archives. (Sarcasm)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Gulfstream Yellowstone
USAF Veteran
US Army Veteran
Retired LEO 34 years

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II

travelingfools
Explorer
Explorer
I like BBQ at lunch.. We were at a campground last summer in western NY that had a bar.
'87 MCI 9 bus..just starting conversion..Cant wait till spring !

Schertz
Explorer
Explorer
The preferred RV park would have spaces not crowded together, dependable utilities, all weather surface throughout and mostly level.

Other nice amenities would include ample maneuver space for those with maximum length RVs, pet area and security if located in dubious locations.
2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Cadillac SRX

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Im sorry, did you say "able to fit your 40' 5th wheel"......just kidding, but three people said the same thing or did one person say it three times? LoL
As for me, the ideal is one where everyone is Happy!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Chuck_Gail
Explorer
Explorer
Far away from any interstates and cities, with lots of trees and grass. Power, sewer, & water hookups. All other hookups to cost extra. All kids amusement things to be far far away from any camp spots. A place to run dogs.

Wide enough that we can unload handicap scooters out side toyhauler door.
Chuck
Wonderful Wife
Australian Shepherd
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded

Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories

I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big wide roads, privacy between sites, water view, nice helpful office, clean and neat. Rv wash station, Ice Cream shop, BBQ at lunch, live music on weekends....$30 per night.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Able to fit my 40' fifth wheel and truck, wide roads so I can back in and pull out without have to drive through other sites. 50 amp service, lake and on the water, good hiking and biking trails, lots of trees, camp store that sells ice cream. Travel on.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian