cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Doc Synovi G4 question

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Doc do you know long does it take to see some positive results from this stuff?

I started the boy on Synovi G4 on 08/04/14. So almost 4 weeks now.

The container says I can give him 2 soft chew (per his weight) a day, but his Doc figured we'd start the boy one soft chew per day due to his sensitive stomach problems (gotta mesh it in his food cause he don't like this stuff).

Presently he'll limp for about a minute or less when he first stands up and starts walking. However, once he's warmed up, he's good to go. If I massage his front wrist (?) before he gets up, so far he'll be OK.

Man it's tough watching'um get old!

Thanks,

Pops
3 REPLIES 3

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
I know what you mean Lance about watching them get old. We have a senior and he is starting to show his age. It's tuff for sure. Of course then I just look in the mirror and think Holy $$$$! :B

Yeah same here Doug! Ain't getting younger that's for certain!

dturm wrote:
I usually recommend 6-8 weeks minimum before concluding it doesn't work. At a lower loading dose, I'd suspect it could take longer.

Hope it works.

My old hospital just got a therapeutic laser. It's supposed to apply non-invasive energy to cells that increase circulation and decrease inflammation and speed healing. I'm anxious to see how it actually works in practice.

It's supposed to be good for arthritic conditions and acute injuries like ACL and meniscus trauma.

That sounds great. If you can keep us posted on this therapy, and if it works, or working for some of the dogs I may look into it for Calvin.

Starting this evening I upped his dose to two soft chews. I'll space them out at one per meal time and see how it goes.

Thanks again DOC,

Pops

dturm
I usually recommend 6-8 weeks minimum before concluding it doesn't work. At a lower loading dose, I'd suspect it could take longer.

Hope it works.

My old hospital just got a therapeutic laser. It's supposed to apply non-invasive energy to cells that increase circulation and decrease inflammation and speed healing. I'm anxious to see how it actually works in practice.

It's supposed to be good for arthritic conditions and acute injuries like ACL and meniscus trauma.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I know what you mean Lance about watching them get old. We have a senior and he is starting to show his age. It's tuff for sure. Of course then I just look in the mirror and think Holy $$$$! :B