Explorer
Explorer
8 REPLIES 8

chrisnpat
Explorer
Explorer
CatandJim wrote:
Pawz4me wrote:

I don't think it's insulting at all, given Rock's penchant for criticizing anything and everything to do with animal rescue.

What is truly insulting IMO is Rock stating that the volunteers were "duped" and that Mr. Rosenfelt "played on them." The article clearly states that most of the volunteers were fans of Mr. Rosenfelt's novels. Presumably that would mean they realized a successful author probably wasn't scraping by counting his pennies. His author page on Amazon clearly states his employment history, which gives further clues that he's probably not hurting for money. It's basic info that a fan would likely know, and that anyone with a modicum of intelligence who was thinking of volunteering would have spent a few minutes researching. And yet Rock calls them "dupes" and "played on," implying that the volunteers were too stupid to do even the most minimal of research before volunteering. Who's being insulting?

Thank you for this response, I agree 100%.

x 3 here.......
Christine and Patrick
Cocker Spaniels
Trevor and two Fosters Kahlua and Blossom
Life is What happens to you while your busy making plans.

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Pawz4me wrote:

I don't think it's insulting at all, given Rock's penchant for criticizing anything and everything to do with animal rescue.

What is truly insulting IMO is Rock stating that the volunteers were "duped" and that Mr. Rosenfelt "played on them." The article clearly states that most of the volunteers were fans of Mr. Rosenfelt's novels. Presumably that would mean they realized a successful author probably wasn't scraping by counting his pennies. His author page on Amazon clearly states his employment history, which gives further clues that he's probably not hurting for money. It's basic info that a fan would likely know, and that anyone with a modicum of intelligence who was thinking of volunteering would have spent a few minutes researching. And yet Rock calls them "dupes" and "played on," implying that the volunteers were too stupid to do even the most minimal of research before volunteering. Who's being insulting?

Thank you for this response, I agree 100%.

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
azgundog wrote:
BTW before I am jumped on "How much do I do for rescues" it is quite a bit and to ask someone that question is kinda insulting.

Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

azgundog
Explorer
Explorer
Kudos for the man in the story helping the dogs but I think the point is the man has the means to hire a transport to move these dogs and does not need to rely on volunteers. There are so many small rescues who are desperate for help transporting dogs where these volunteers could have been utilized. So I see Rockhilmanor's point. BTW before I am jumped on "How much do I do for rescues" it is quite a bit and to ask someone that question is kinda insulting.

chrisnpat
Explorer
Explorer
Im sure Those people that "helped and Volunteered" did it because they wanted to not because they were Duped, as you said.
They were all adults and could have chose not to help.........

You know negatively can be found in all walks of life......
Christine and Patrick
Cocker Spaniels
Trevor and two Fosters Kahlua and Blossom
Life is What happens to you while your busy making plans.

tandkj
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Sadly another case of using warm fuzzy dogs in need of help to dupe pet owners with a willingness to help the less fortunate.

This man is a TV and movie writer and an author of 'numerous' books
http://www.davidrosenfelt.com/works/
....and.....
"His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named the Tara Foundation ...""

He played on the people who love dogs to 'donate' their time, gas and RV's thinking they were helping these poor people transport their dogs.:(

and how many have you helped? The main point is he helped the dogs.

He is fully financially capable to PAY to have these dogs transported in one of the finest coaches and pay 10 vet techs to attend to them if he wanted to. Instead he duped fellow RV'ers with kind hearts willing to donate their time, gas and their RV's to help someone they thought 'needed' it.

Yes he rescues old dogs, but that does not give him the right to take advantage of dog lovers for the opportunity to write yet another book to line his pockets with money.

If it's dog related people need to investigate first before giving out their hard earned money, time and hearts. Sadly anything animal rescue is the new nigerian.

and how many dogs have you helped? At least he is doing something.
Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly another case of using warm fuzzy dogs in need of help to dupe pet owners with a willingness to help the less fortunate.

This man is a TV and movie writer and an author of 'numerous' books
http://www.davidrosenfelt.com/works/
....and.....
"His recent $22 million inheritance bought him a dog rescue operation named the Tara Foundation ...""

He played on the people who love dogs to 'donate' their time, gas and RV's thinking they were helping these poor people transport their dogs.:(

He is fully financially capable to PAY to have these dogs transported in one of the finest coaches and pay 10 vet techs to attend to them if he wanted to. Instead he duped fellow RV'ers with kind hearts willing to donate their time, gas and their RV's to help someone they thought 'needed' it.

Yes he rescues old dogs, but that does not give him the right to take advantage of dog lovers for the opportunity to write yet another book to line his pockets with money.

If it's dog related people need to investigate first before giving out their hard earned money, time and hearts. Sadly anything animal rescue is the new nigerian.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
wow that would be alot of poop bags! Interesting story.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3