cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life goes on

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
We miss Andy. We miss his gentle presence in our home and in our lives. But life goes on, and with it the never ending need for homes for dogs in shelters and rescue organizations. So yesterday my husband and I drove downstate and adopted another sheltie from Central Illinois Sheltie Rescue. A 6 year old female named Buttons who was given up because a new baby was coming, and the resident toddler wasn't being taught how to treat dogs. Buttons is sweet, obedient and loving. She's smaller than Andy was and is so smart. She's figured out the household already and knows the best places to sleep and whose lap is the softest. We did not get Buttons to replace Andy. You can never replace one dog with another because each do has its own individual personality, and you love them for that. Untechnical me has asked Pops to post the photos for me, and he has graciously offered to do this. So watch for photos of a cute little sheltie girl. And thanks for all your understanding and compassion while I dealt with that heart wrenching but unavoidable part of life.

Rita
Buttons, our new sheltie girl
Andy and Champ at the bridge
Nicky, the Tennessee Walker
24 REPLIES 24

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buttons is a lucky girl and will be much loved. I know what you meant on not being a replacement. Each one has their own personality. Congratulations to both of you.

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Lucky dog. Lucky dog.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

brewjaz
Explorer
Explorer
When I lost my Rottie last spring--it wasn't long before I got another brother for my Tessa. Of course you never replace the one you lose--but you can give another rescue a home.

Buttons is beautiful, BTW!!

dturm
That's great Rita. Glad you can share your love with another deserving Sheltie.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
What a beauty Rita and Thank You so much for adopting. I love your outlook.

PS Great job posting pics Calvin, we all knew if you want something done call you not Pops..:B

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
RBak wrote:
Thanks Pops! Buttons looks better than I do, but the photographer couldn't get a good shot of her alone because she was always on the move.

Rita

DOTLDaddy wrote:

(BTW, I think it's Calvin that posts the pics.) :B

Thanks, Walter! ...

... It wasn't Pops, Rita. Notice the signature at the end of the post!

Pops' in bed, and I'm heading there right about, ... NOW! ...

Calvin

GypsySeniors
Explorer
Explorer
I know the heartbreak you are experiencing... I lost my sweet girl Maggie Mae 6 years ago...and I still miss her everyday...we have adopted another rescue Collie who was surrendered because of her seizure disorder...the people didn't want the expense and hassle...their loss...our gain...we love her dearly but as you said they each are their own dog...there are no replacements...but we have plenty of Love. Your Buttons is precious...

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Pops! Buttons looks better than I do, but the photographer couldn't get a good shot of her alone because she was always on the move.

Rita

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
OK, before any of yous, start demanding fur pitchers!

Without Further Adieu, or is it, Ado (not sure which, is which ... :@), .... Here's Rita and her new Buttons; ....

Calvin

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
You certainly have the right outlook. 🙂

(BTW, I think it's Calvin that posts the pics.) :B

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L