Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New additions

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
2hrs old twins
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M
26 REPLIES 26

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Busy morning; 4 set of twins.
41 moms out of the 60 that were bred.
72 lambs.

This year weโ€™ve had a couple of ewes reject one of their lambs. Here I am hold one of these ewes so that her unwanted lamb can nurse. The lamb has been sneaking milk from the ewe and sometimes she will let it nurse.

Bad Mom
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
2007 Nash 22M

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
First Bath
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
So far today has been our second biggest. The second lamb of twins was just born. This set is the 4th of today plus we had a single (9 lambs). Last Thursday we had 5 sets of twins and a set of triplets. The night is still young.
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
6am this morning I found a set of large twins and an enormous single. Weโ€™re up to 37 lambs. About 1/3 of the bred ewes have had their lambs and this Saturday is the halfway point (in time) for this years lambing.

Wendy the guard dog is happy having lambs again on the farm. Wendy and Sam are being more alert with their job.

Lee did a great job keeping a new mom with me while I carried her lambs to the barn from about 300yards away. The ewe tried very hard to run back to where her lambs were born despite having smelled and licked them when I held them out for her while walking to the barn.
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Last year it was a little over 100 lambs

No new lambs. Gives me time to change the bedding in the pens where we keep new families until we know all is good. Once all is good the new families go back out into the field with the rest of the flock. We have 4 families in pens right now: a set of triplets with one small lamb that is not ready to go out, three sets of twins where the moms are not taking care of both lambs (we need to hold ewe to allow the unwanted lamb to nurse).
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
75 lambs is sort of a tidal wave......LOL!! Very cute, though!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terrific twins.:c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Keep us posted!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
LAMBING! Oh how cute! Love the pix.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
They're all so sweet!

Rita

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
As of 9:30pm on 7mar2019 we had 22 lambs. Going out now 5:30am 8mar2019 to check for more and check on the status of the 22. If I had to guess weโ€™ll end up with about 75 this year.

Another set of twins.
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
All babies are so cute. Congratulations