cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opposssssums

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
A little bit ago as I was opening up the puter, I heard a racket on the porch. Dakota didn't even care. Medium sized Oposuum had eaten all the cat's food and was rattling around the bowl. He sullied up and hissed at me. I hit him with a hoe but not hard enough to hurt him.
Cute for a possum. If he will cooperate and go into the trap next time. Might entertain the idea of making a pet out of him. I had a Client that fed them every evening but they were still wild. They petted the things. Not putting my hands on anything wild without a firm grip. Had pet Raccoon and getting anywhere near him while eating might aw well been a bear.
18 REPLIES 18

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
We have lots of these nuisance 'possums in GA. Many end up as road kill.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Dyngbld
Explorer
Explorer
You keep those things in your county Roy, we have enough. ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't think I wold have one as a pet. Unless we found it VERY young, and it lived outside. They will always be wild, I have see racoons kept as "pets" but they never are tame enough to really be safe, I suspect these critters are the same.
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e7bd775c-4d1e-46d4-850d-e014153937be

fatmanobx
Explorer
Explorer
Possum are made for eating not petting!!!
2011 Lance 855
3.5# Minpin named Darcy RIP
Ford F250 Super Duty

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
good luck with Making them your pet idea...

Sure is alot of teeth here... They hiss alot as well...

photo from google search

I have managed to trap a few here and carry them off to the other side of the county. I think they beat me back home hehe...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS