cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our beloved dog (Sammie) suddenly died yesterday

wbrown62
Explorer
Explorer
I came home from work about 8 PM to find my wife sitting on the floor crying with Sammie lying on the floor dead. She said the 2 dogs ran in the house happy to see her only moments before my arrival home. Sammie suddenly began seizing then died in her arms just a few seconds later. Sammie was a 14 year old Dachshund and such a sweet dog. She really loved camping as well as all people and enjoyed attention from anyone willing to dole it out. We will miss her dearly. My tennis/vet friend is having her cremated for us and was kind enough to meet me late last night at his office to take possession of her for us.

Our other dog, Heidi doesn't seem to miss her too much, but who knows. We want to get another dog, but will be leaving for Germany for 10 days in August. We have decided to wait until after the trip to begin the search for another family pet and companion for Heidi. Thanks for letting me "bend your ear".

Walter
2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
37 REPLIES 37

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
So very sorry for your loss.......

BradinOhio
Explorer
Explorer
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Our dogs are our kids.
Brad ('68), Sandy ('71), Amber (shephard), Niko (shiba inu)

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS
'10 Keystone Passport UL 245RB (prior - retired 6/2012)
'07 Rockwood Roo 21SS (prior)

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
So sorry for your loss. I, too, am glad your wife was there to hold Sammie, as difficult as that was. Sounds like Sammie enjoyed a wonderful life and only knew unconditional love.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

LQuig
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like he had good life,& healthy,,didn't suffer. That's the way to go. Now he will be waiting at the bridge. Sorry for your loss...

corgi-traveler
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry. It's never easy.
Samantha (the poster)
Tim, DH and driver of the CorgiMobile
Dexter and Dora - Pembroke Welsh Corgis
Gone but never forgotten -
Beth 1/11/94-6/3/09
Pippin 3/16/05-11/4/15
Buddy 11/7/05-10/24/16
Diva 1/9/09 - 8/20/20

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
So sad to hear this.....Im glad your wife was there for Sammie at the end(as hard as it must have been). Bless you for loving Sammie and giving him a wonderful life!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dogs are family. When they are gone it hurts!
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry, what a horrible shock for you both, and especially your wife.
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.