cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please rescue my pet signs

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
From time to time, somebody mentions leaving their pet in the RV while they sight-see or make a food run. There are all kinds of tips about monitoring RV temp etc, but it's been awhile since I've seen anybody mention these signs. They are about 4"x5" and come with pictures of all kinds of breeds, colors, numbers of pets and species.

In case of a major emergency, the sign in a window would let others know there are pets inside your house or your RV and you wish for them to be rescued.

In case anyone is interested, the company is now selling them on eBay. I have no association with them, other than we have bought them. You can make your own, of course.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background
14 REPLIES 14

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a sign that says "Dogs on Board". I'll be honest - I do it more for security, assuming a thief would rather target a "quiet" RV; but there's always the "please rescue them" aspect, too?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
True, the fire dept is not going to risk their lives to save pets, but we have seen many reports of fire fighters resuscitating pets as in this current article:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/national/firefighters-save-four-hamsters-o2-after-fire/nhXrX/

Also, when we volunteered for Red Cross, we saw cases when fire fighters entered a burned out structure to retrieve pets that didn't survive. It was heartbreaking to see, but the families appreciated the effort.

The pet alert signs could at least alert them to the fact that animals are inside.
Darcy the Min Pin

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Fire department told me they are not going to risk their life or other structures saving someoneโ€™s pet. Their concern is to put out the fire and not let it spread to others.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
I got some free signs from the SPCA in buffalo, erie county ny
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
You might try using a computer printer and making a custom sign. With info like you have pets inside (specify how many and what they are). Include your cellphone number(s) in case of emergency. Sometimes an emergency can happen while the pet owner is in the bathhouse or campground laundry... places where pets are generally not allowed.

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
This is a sign you will not find hanging from our RV......Codi goes where I go. If you do need to leave your pet behind, this is a great sign to have.....also may want to put a key tag on the collar with site #.
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
This is what we have in the window. The graphics did not copy over so imagine a cartoon fireman carrying a dog on the top left, with the following underneath:

PLEASE NOTE:

We have one dog inside. In case of emergency: Please Rescue.

In non-emergency situations or excessive barking:

Please call our mobile at ,xxx-xxx-xxx

We desire to be good camping neighbors and appreciate your help.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Money2Burn
Explorer
Explorer

Camping World $4.97
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500HD Dually
2013 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS
2009 Polaris RZR 800
Honda EU3000 Quiet Genset (not afraid to use it)

I share my wisdom with those who seek it !

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Over the July long weekend the guy in the site next to us came over and said " I love my dog more than my motorhome. If there is an emergency would I break a window and get the dog?" I would but depending on how much danger I would put myself in. If the MH is engulfed in flames and there are propane tanks well bye by doggie.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
The Sun Dogs ones on eBay have pictures of individual breeds and also, they are a window cling, not a sticker. No window damage. We made a color copy to put in a window at home. With it saved on the computer, I figure if it sun fades I can always make another one. :W
Darcy the Min Pin

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
CAMPING WORLD RESCUE PET SIGN
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Money2Burn
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World has them for $4.97.
http://www.campingworld.com/search/index.cfm?Ntt=pet+inside+sign&N=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=primary&Nty=1&Ntpc=1
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500HD Dually
2013 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS
2009 Polaris RZR 800
Honda EU3000 Quiet Genset (not afraid to use it)

I share my wisdom with those who seek it !

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google search shows a bunch of hits - pick the one you like

I searched for RESCUE MY PET SIGNS and when it opens up select IMAGES

Mouse Click on the one that catches you for more info...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea, thanks for sharing.
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge