cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVing w/2 cats

mlinsalata
Explorer
Explorer
We will be full timing w/2 cats in a 22' travel trailer with one slide (Shadow Cruiser). Any suggestions for litter box, toys, some kind of scratching posts? Any ideas for creating some kind of shelf that would allow them to look out a window and be removable when traveling? Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

Lindz50371
Explorer
Explorer
I was a bit concerned too before we moved into our RV but both my cats LOVE IT! make sure they have a little place to call their own. We have a pull down bed that they claimed! We also managed to fit our cat tree into the RV as the base is 2.5X2.5. For the litter box, we had a large cubbard by the toilet, we unscrewed the door and it fit perfect. I saw online someone opened their floor to one of the storage compartments, seemed pretty cool!

mpj
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Litter Maid when traveling with our 2 cats. As far as "looking out" they find that the table works fine for a perch. We just have to move them off when we want to eat!! I keep a cloth on the table then remove it when it is time for us to eat. So far it works. One cat does not play with anything except the sunlight and the other loves balls with bells in them. Hope this helps.
mpj:)

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
mlinsalata wrote:

Thank you for the information and link. We will have one litterbox, because of space limitations. They currently have two, so we may have to go back to two in the trailer. I hope not.

If you scoop it several times a day and one cat isn't into litter-box-guarding it should work. We have 4 cats in our RV and 2 litterboxes (large totes). They're scooped as often as 3 times a day - sometimes more depending on "use".
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mlinsalata
Explorer
Explorer
2lazy4U wrote:
Go to Amazon and look at the Abo Cat Tents. I have two and my cats love them.

Thank you, we will check them out.

mlinsalata
Explorer
Explorer
HappyKayakers wrote:
Here's one idea: http://www.katkabana.com/

My cat does just fine with a sisal rope scratching post from Wally World. I've replaced the rope a few times. For toys, she likes a wadded up sheet of paper or some leftover string from my day/night shades. Are you going to carry just 1 litter box? Will they share a litter box now?

Thank you for the information and link. We will have one litterbox, because of space limitations. They currently have two, so we may have to go back to two in the trailer. I hope not.

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
mlinsalata wrote:
We will be full timing w/2 cats in a 22' travel trailer with one slide (Shadow Cruiser). Any suggestions for litter box, toys, some kind of scratching posts?

We chose a cat-tree or condo as some people call them from PetsMart that has 3 sleep shelves, a rope and carpeted "legs" that are used for scratching. We added, between those legs, a $12.00 cardboard scratcher for the cat that loves them. Each cat has their favorite scratch surface. ๐Ÿ™‚

Any ideas for creating some kind of shelf that would allow them to look out a window and be removable when traveling? Thank you.

They have those with sucker cups but I don't know how well they hold. Those suckercups don't usually last long. Our cats like to look out the window by laying on the back of the sofa or laying on the edge of the table and looking in that direction. We also have a large cage that attaches to the side of the RV so they can go OUTSIDE in a safe place - through a bedroom window. It's only added when we're staying somewhere for more than a day or two.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Amazon and look at the Abo Cat Tents. I have two and my cats love them.

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one idea: http://www.katkabana.com/

My cat does just fine with a sisal rope scratching post from Wally World. I've replaced the rope a few times. For toys, she likes a wadded up sheet of paper or some leftover string from my day/night shades. Are you going to carry just 1 litter box? Will they share a litter box now?
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch