cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stricter animal cruelty law passed

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Florida just passed a bill allowing judges to charge animal cruelty cases with a "third-degree felony" punishable by up to "five years in prison" and a "$10,000 fine" and "prohibit" the offender from ever owning another dog.

The bill, HB 473, was called Ponce's Law which stems from a horrific case of animal cruelty . https://www.news-journalonline.com/.../ponces-law-bill

Each state has their own laws regarding animal cruelty and most states are very lenient for the offender. Many cases of cruelty across the United States the abuser is only being charged with a misdemeanor.

I post this because this sets a good precedent and 'now' would be the perfect time for you to easily

copy this bill and send it to your Senator and State Rep and Governor demanding that your state increase the punishment regarding animal cruelty

if they have not already done so. And/or add on to it.

We need to have ALL the states increase the punishment and give judges the option to include jail time, felony charges, and if convicted prohibit them from ever owning another animal.

Now is the time for everyone to make a difference on behalf of all animals. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

19 REPLIES 19

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
This sounds like political grand-standing more than anything else.

Yeah, it's on the books but I seriously doubt you are going to see people getting locked up as a result.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
FL Domestic Violence Statute
If a person is found guilty of, has adjudication withheld on, or pleads nolo contendere to a crime of domestic violence, as defined in s. 741.28 , that person shall be ordered by the court to a minimum term of 1 year's probation and the court shall order that the defendant attend a batterers' intervention program as a condition of probation.

Way to go legislators dogs higher priority than families???

Not political just pointing out the statute...something to wonder about.
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
page not found
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Kansas animal cruelty has been a felony for a few years now. Catching the offenders is the problem.