cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Willy Jack and Mary

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Donkey (no he doesn't go camping with us)named Willy Jack, his main occupation is keeping our goats safe from Coyotes.
Mary was working in one of the goat stalls when Willy came over and nudged her out of the way she moved over and tried again,in fact she tried several times and he would keep her away from this one spot.
Finally she looked under the board and there was a small wasp nest with one or two wasps on it.
She got a stick and knocked it down but the wasp was still flying around the area where the nest was. Willy backed into that spot and stood there until the wasp left the area. He then walked off to the other end of the paddock and started doing whatever it is Donkeys do
Leaving Mary to finish her work in the stall.
There is no doubt that Willy kept her from getting stung so I guess we can add "saving Mary from harm to his job description too".
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game
8 REPLIES 8

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
On a recent jaunt through the SW Georgia farm belt I noticed many farms with donkeys in the field. Kind of curious why so many and what their purpose was. Some farms had a significant number of them in the fields with or adjacent to other livestock. BTW, this is beautiful country to travel through with farm fields full of crops, livestock and pecan groves. I know why my people lived there for centuries and the allure to return to an ancestral area was particularly strong. I don't know if I could ever leave Florida but if I did.....
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
amandasgramma wrote:
So, given it's just past Easter and thinking along those lines, we can say a donkey helped out Mary "again", eh?????

:B

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
So, given it's just past Easter and thinking along those lines, we can say a donkey helped out Mary "again", eh?????
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great donkey!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
that fella needs some extra carrots for doing that..smart donkey !

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
That is awesome!
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF 🙂 campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
What a sweetheart!! He should get an extra apple for that!!!

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
What a great donkey! He's definitely earning his keep.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI