cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay! A really good doggy deodorant!

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Remember the "Smelly Cat" song from the FRIENDS TV show? Our Darcy isn't a cat, she's a black/tan min pin, but I used to sing that song to her, a lot. Darcy can make your eyes run water from her doggy odor. Yes, she was checked out by a vet and nothing was causing the problem. Vet says it is just the nature of some dogs. We tried a number of deodorizing shampoos and they all worked, until she'd go back out and lay in the sun (her favorite thing to do) and get her oil glands reactivated.:E So then, a few months ago, we found this product at PetSmart. Wow, this stuff is good! A daily wipe-down and everybody is happy. It not only neutralizes the odor but seems to keep it from coming back so soon. There are two varieties, gentle and extreme. Darcy needs the extreme, of course. Just passing the info along in case anybody else might be interested.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background
8 REPLIES 8

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
AZPops wrote:
Gee thanks for the heads up Judy! I'm gonna order a bag of the stuff to see if it'll work on Pops! ... :B

Calvin

Great idea Cal! Those humans can be way annoying with their soap and shampoo and all that unnatural stuff. Happy to help!
Darcy
Darcy the Min Pin

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
kokosfriend wrote:
Does it work on skunk spray!!

Barb and the 4 chocolates

I wouldn't trust it for that, Barb! You have to use the baking soda/liquid dish detergent/hydrogen peroxide recipe which can be found on the web. I thought it was so funny when I noticed that a local dog groomer keeps those ingredients on hand for the occasional skunk target. Bless his heart, I am sure it happens often in these parts.
Darcy the Min Pin

kokosfriend
Explorer
Explorer
Does it work on skunk spray!!

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
I need to have my daughter order these, her hound most of the time smells like
Doritos...only a little worse! Thanks

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Gee thanks for the heads up Judy! I'm gonna order a bag of the stuff to see if it'll work on Pops! ... :B

Calvin

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can see these being handy on a long trip with the pups.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
LOL!!! What a great idea! My beloved Ike always smelled wonderful - I'd bury my face in his fur and just sniff him:-)

BUT - after a long hike (or if something was making him nervous) - his feet would sweat and smell like a lockerroom...LOL!!! These would have been handy for stinky feet.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect!!! My Rottie is a moose when bath time comes.I have to take 200 feet of garder hose out and leave it in the sun to warm the water, then try to wash him with one hand while trying to keep him there with the other, and dont even think about getting his head wet. The top of his head gets to stinking so this is just what the camper ordered
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS