cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'05 Salem Hot Water Leak

Capps_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Have a leak inside kitchen sink area cabinet where hot water heater is. Cannot get into cabinet due to drawers & shelf. Faucet not leaking.

How can I check where leak is? How would I change out water heater if need be?
4 REPLIES 4

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
You have to be able to some how get to it. If you have to change it out you'll need to disconnect water and gas lines from it for removal. Keep looking,
Brian

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Ranges usually sit in a solid, boxed in area so unless there's a panel that unscrews, it's doubtful thats how you access it but you never know!
Ranges are pretty easy to get out. A few screws under the top and a couple below the door are all that hold them in. Just need to lift the top and disconnect the propane.
Still, I would not think that's how you get to the WH.

Capps_RV
Explorer
Explorer
I got drawers out. There's also a shelf above the drawers and under the fauct/sink area. There's no room to crawl in. Hope I don't have to take stove/oven out, it's next to sink counter area where the water heater is under.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Drawers are removable, you'll have to look at the glides to find the releases. They're usually a black plastic spring loaded thing that's visible with the drawer extended. Often times you have to push down on one side while lifting the other and pulling the drawer outward.