cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1999 fleetwood flair mystery electrical outage

Curt_and_Marie
Explorer
Explorer
I first noticed that there was no 110 power at the wall outlet in the kitchen. then, looking in the curbside basement compartment there is no power at the outlet where the power converter plugs in. This however seems to have no effect on any of the coaches systems. All the interior lights work, except for the for mentioned outlets all other 110 appliances and outlets work. I have checked the fuses and breakers and they all check out. This cant be right and I don't want to find out on the road.
5 REPLIES 5

out_goofing_off
Explorer
Explorer
Curt and Marie wrote:
Thank you YES the GFCI was tripped, I reset it and all power is restored. These forums are great. We have camped for 30 years, tent then trailer. This is our first class A and although I am pretty good with a wrench and can use a voltage meter some of the ins and outs of this beast are new to me

We had what had to be one of the smallest class a Flairs ever made. It was a 22 footer. They do have a few little oddities to them. My Flair only had one gfci. And when driving in wet weather, that thing would trip as soon as we powered up the genset or plugged in to shore. Took me a while to figure out that the outside ac plug cover leaked and let moisture into the outlet. Once I put a new cover on and re caulked, it never tripped again. Have fun with that beast. I do miss mine.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Curt_and_Marie
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you YES the GFCI was tripped, I reset it and all power is restored. These forums are great. We have camped for 30 years, tent then trailer. This is our first class A and although I am pretty good with a wrench and can use a voltage meter some of the ins and outs of this beast are new to me

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Your Fleetwood probably has at least two GFI's .. one in kitchen and one in bathroom .. check all your GFI's. Given the age of your rig wouldn't be surprised if you have to replace a GFI - no big deal as std ones sold at hardware store work fine.
Kevin

out_goofing_off
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the gfci outlet plug in the bathroom area? I had a Flair and when it tripped, all the 110 outlets went as it controlled them, too. Just press the reset button in the middle of the gfci plug. If it resets, you're good to go, if it trips right after resetting, get the 110 wiring checked immediately.