Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

No power

My converter recently went out, and I lost power to both my DC and AC appliances. I'm getting 125v in at all the breakers, and the lines that lead into the converter. My question is why have i lost power to my receptacles? I'm not apt in electrical i...

KcBorne by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

removal of radio

I have one of those basic stock radio CD players and I want to remove it to gain access to the area behind it as well as pursue connecting other speakers into the system. Can someone tell me how to remove it? I see no screws and it does not appear to...

nmhuntr by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

AC heat...running together!

Hello All, Our new TT, "Shadow Cruiser", has come up with a weird one....the air conditioner and heat run together! I was doing normal get ready stuff on a cold morning and decided to run the heater, when I set the thermostat to heat the AC and heat ...

Trouble getting New battery SG up

I had a bad 6 volt battery in my 4 battery bank so I went to Sams Club and bought a replacement-same battery as other three. Trouble is I cannot get the SG up on this new battery-have been trying by charging with a BD1093 charger-just checked SG this...

Ezbagr by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on slide out workings

I have the 5th wheel in my signature. The problem I am having is the slide out sometimes sticks either going out or in. All it takes is for someone to push against the slide in the direction you want it to go and then it takes off and travels the res...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

on demand portable propane water heater

Just purchased one for use in an out building on our property. I will be mounting the unit outdoors in a protected compartment and need to run about 15 ft. of hot water line to the sink. The line will be just underground enough to hide it and will go...

Resealing Roof Joints and Penetrations

I've seen others post that they reseal joints and penetrations in the roof every year or so with Dicor. I've never done this, but I can see some areas on my roof that would be likely locations for some TLC.My question is, do I scrape as much of the ...

Pre-99 Kwikee step question

i have a 99 jayco eagle class C and have a kwikee 40 series electric step and think that i might have broke a gear tooth and now it makes a loud clicking sound when it retracts (only when fully retracted does it make clicking sound. and the clicking ...

rpappi by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Box

Has anyone made a box for a 4000watt Champion Gen.? I am looking for information on materials to use. I would like to make a inclosure to cut down on noise. I am worried aboutheat build-up and fire safety. I do understand that I have to vent it for ...

JAYHAY by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood Heater wiring issue-fixed

I have had problems with my Atwood GC10A-4E water heater and I figured out the issue and wanted to share in case anyone else has a problem with theirs. I bought a 2007 fifth wheel used and the heater never worked on electric, only propane. It did not...

TLLOYD by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out power.

I have a 38 ft. Jayco 5'er. Thinking about going boondocking and wonder what kind of generator wattage it will require to push em slides out and pull em in. Anyone that had this experience, thanks for you help. Much obliged, SkipMoved to Tech Issu...

Emerald plus Genset 6500 issues

Hi,Two years ago, I worked a deal with my mother and her hubby on 1990.5 Bounder with 460 that hadn't ran for over ten years, and had only 35K miles on it. Yes, fuel issues in the tank when I took it. But that isn't the problem.Motorhome runs fine -...

vqarabs by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Timed Bathroom Fan

I have this problem of turning the bathroom fan on and forgetting about it. At home I fixed the problem with timers on the bathroom fans. Does anyone know of a timed switch that can be obtained for 12 volt use?

anconn by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

PRNDL Indicator repair

Does anyone know how to repair Transmission gear indicator when it doesn't point to proper gear. This is on a Ford F-53 class A motorhome from the year 2000. I do know that there is a recall on newer models, but not mine. Would like to repair myself...

groutt1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes