cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

removal of radio

nmhuntr
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those basic stock radio CD players and I want to remove it to gain access to the area behind it as well as pursue connecting other speakers into the system. Can someone tell me how to remove it? I see no screws and it does not appear to have a normal faceplate. Any hints would be welcomed.

Greg
2005 Fleetwood Pioneer ASV 180FK
2018 Ford F-150 3.5 EB 3.55s
4 REPLIES 4

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
therink wrote:
On my last two trailers the radios have a flat plastic covers (vertically) on each side. Pop the covers off and remove 4 screws. Pulls right out. I have also seen where the plastic outer frame pops off and screws are under there.

That's the way mine is also
samsontdog:o:W

nmhuntr
Explorer
Explorer
therink wrote:
On my last two trailers the radios have a flat plastic covers (vertically) on each side. Pop the covers off and remove 4 screws. Pulls right out. I have also seen where the plastic outer frame pops off and screws are under there.

That sounds like it might be it. I will give it a try this weekend.

Thanks
2005 Fleetwood Pioneer ASV 180FK
2018 Ford F-150 3.5 EB 3.55s

therink
Explorer
Explorer
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the packet that came with your RV.
In it there might be info on the radio.
Some radios had a set of wire looking gagets. That you inserted into the locking pins. To release the radion.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+