cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 38K DOOR LOCK

werni9
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a door lock like mine? Front entrance door gave it up. There are NO markings on it as I can see. Factory door and lock for sure. The handle wants to spin around and what I can see, nothing is broken in the mechanism. It was a long drop out the dining room window to open it from outside. 34 degrees tonight in Houston and the bungee cord is working well to hold it shut.:S
4 REPLIES 4

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update! You got by VERY inexpensively for a Motorhome door latch. The ones for Trailers aren't too expensive, but an MH has to have a latch that's gov't OK for a vehicle that's occupied while moving. FMVSS or something like that. Those latches seem to start around $100 for most of them.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

werni9
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...Winnebago and my own fix. $58.00

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Do post a picture, but also, call Winnebago. Might have to be Monday, but Winnebago is VERY good about parts support for their motorized units. I have zero doubt they can give you a part number and probably a supplier.

They're good on-line with parts catalog and diagrams too, so take a look here

Winnie dealers also have a big paper catalog collection...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
posting pictures of of the lock would be very helpful - from both the inside of the coach AND from the outside of the coach.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures