cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

30 amp adapter

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Somehow I ended up with what I thought was a 30 amp extension cord for my TT. Pulled it out last night and found it has a 30 amp RV male on one end and a 3 blade twist lock marine female on the other end. I checked CW and Wally but don't see an adapter to go from a twistlock male to a 30 amp rv female. Did a search here and got zero results. Would I be better off getting rid of this and just buying a 30 amp rv ext? Maybe I should just cut off the twist lock female and put on a 30 amp rv female.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo
7 REPLIES 7

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure all of our connections are really tight if you make your own. Had a loose dealer made one cause all kinds of damage. A factory made one with molded ends for me. Might get a fair price for yours on Craig's list. Help defray cost of new one.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
when you cut that marine twist female connector off, leave about one ft of wire on it. then put a 15/20 amp male plug on it and you can easily run a standard extension cord to it when stored at your house to keep batteries charged, etc.
bumpy

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your extension appears to be a 30AMP Cord that connects to a standard 30A RV Trailer twist-lock connector. You may only be familiar with the pull-out Cords alot of RV trailers have.

The RV 30AMP Extension cord will look like this.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I should have thought of that one before posting. CW Tampa has it in stock, Ft Meyers- definite maybe. I'll find one. Seems a shame to cut an expensive cord, but it won't work for me as is.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

sharker6
Explorer
Explorer
You can also make your 30 amp extension cords way cheaper than buying one.
2017 Keystone Cougar 29RES, 2008 F250 Diesel FX4

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
dockmasterdave wrote:
Maybe I should just cut off the twist lock female and put on a 30 amp rv female.
Yep.. that's easy.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman