cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/C issue

Mark_Heron
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Cougar TT, first time using it this year, air seemed to be working after setting on site although didn't seem as cold as previous years but this is first time I haven't been on shaded site. Temp that day 85,60% humidity. A/C ran for a few hours then it would cycle off and few minutes later restart it did this for an hour maybe then trpped breaker, I could reset breaker but unit would not run. Next morning turned unit on and it came on cool air ran for a few hours then breaker tripped and once again would not restart, the only thing different this time hot water breaker also tripped. Any suggestions where to start trouble shooting would be appreciated.
I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
4 REPLIES 4

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Monitor the voltage. If it is low (below 107) consider adding an autoformer.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MrWizard
Low voltage
Put fridge and water heater on propane
Turn on a/c turn on high, temp control to full on
Don't set it to cycle, let it run full cold, continuous
Too cold crack a window
High speed on, will keep the coils from icing up in the high humidity
Always on, the compressor will not have to re start when voltage is low and head pressure is high and hot

Next step is too invest in an auto transformer, , keeps the voltage from dropping too low, maintains a safe level of voltage for the RV
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Heron,
If you can manage an installation of incoming AC power meters to monitor what is happening in the 30-amp circuit, it would greatly resolve seeming mysteries of power. There are wireless monitors available. The inductive clamp which encircles the main inlet power is placed around the Line wire, which is black.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Try putting the WH back on propane, the combination of both is likely causing a voltage drop which increases amps and trips the breaker, once the AC trips it should have a 3-5 minute period before it will restart.