cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Levelers Control Relay

sellbor
Explorer
Explorer
My 2007 Fleetwood Bounder diesel has electric leveling jacks made by Atwood. The Atwood Levelegs Relay Pack Controller failed and Atwood has discontinued the Controller. Anyone know where I can get a new controller? Or, Any thoughts on what would need to done to replace the Atwood system with some other brand?
10 REPLIES 10

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 3 leg Power Gear levelling Jack system on my 94 Bounder. My controller is toast and I am building a simple set of switches to operate the jacks. The 4 solenoids on the pump have 12v at one terminal and need a ground on the other to operate. A switch to turn on pump, a switch for each jack and a switch that retracts all. I have the jack alarm light ,wired to float switch, to ensure jacks have retracted. Simple and cheap and works great. Any further explanation just ask. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wca01 wrote:
The same control problem came up when I was buying my 2007 Kountry Star.

The dealer was unable to find the part or make any correction. It's not exactly an Atwood problem. The relay manufacturer went out of business.

The final solution for my situation was a new HWH leveling system. That cost the dealer something like $10,000.

I hope you can find a less expensive answer, but I really suspect the fat is really in the fire.

Good Luck!
Wil

Atwood offers an upgrade program and has for 3 or 4 years. What that means is, Atwood will sell you a complete NEW system at a reduced price and you replace ALL the components including the main wire harness. ALL old parts are removed. You cannot use any of the old wire harness or parts. I still think the best bet is to contac, Fleetwood or Tiffin to see if they still have any Ford modules still in stock. BTW, installing HWH hydraulic jacks with air dump should not cost more than $5000. If he quoted $10,000, he was not truthfull. Doug

wca01
Explorer
Explorer
The same control problem came up when I was buying my 2007 Kountry Star.

The dealer was unable to find the part or make any correction. It's not exactly an Atwood problem. The relay manufacturer went out of business.

The final solution for my situation was a new HWH leveling system. That cost the dealer something like $10,000.

I hope you can find a less expensive answer, but I really suspect the fat is really in the fire.

Good Luck!
Wil

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
There is a relay pack on eBay, but it's for a Ford chassis. I'm not familiar at all with that system, but I suspect your has provisions for air suspension that the Ford one does not have.

Diesels use the FORD control board. There is a provision on this board to program for air up and air dump after install. You do it from the dash key pad console. I would contac Tiffin motorhomes with the control board P/N. I will bet Tiffin has the boards. Doug

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
After reading more about it and being faced with no parts I guess I would consider turning it into a manual system. Use four motor reversing switches and level each leg individually. It may seem cheesy but what can you do? It's amazing that parts are not available for something that isn't very old. What is the dealers answer?

Panel

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
There is a relay pack on eBay, but it's for a Ford chassis. I'm not familiar at all with that system, but I suspect your has provisions for air suspension that the Ford one does not have.
-- Chris Bryant

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
sellbor wrote:
I've had a mechanic look at it and said it's the circuit board. Called a Relay Pack by Atwood. We've contact Atwood they no longer make or support the Relay. The mechanic sent the circuit board to a board repair shop. They said it is unrepairable as it is cracked. So not repairable. No replacement parts available from Atwood.

Ouch. That's not good. I just looked at the manual a little. Maybe salvage yards are next option

sellbor
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a mechanic look at it and said it's the circuit board. Called a Relay Pack by Atwood. We've contact Atwood they no longer make or support the Relay. The mechanic sent the circuit board to a board repair shop. They said it is unrepairable as it is cracked. So not repairable. No replacement parts available from Atwood.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Not knowing the whole story, who said it was bad? I have never had a leveling system but I have repaired circuit boards and other electrical fixes when something was not available. What is it doing or not doing?

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If man made it, man can fix it.
What is it made of and what part is broken?