cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best tire gauge for 60 psi tires

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a new one. Don't need NASCAR quality. My old digital gauge battery went South and I was pretty comfortable with that gauge.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton
18 REPLIES 18

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have tried a few over the years and when I found This One it fit all my needs,rugged,easy to read and use on Class C and all my other vehicles.

Each one has one of these in their glove box.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you replace the battery in the gauge you have? Even if it's not advertised/intended to be replaced, I'd try opening it up and seeing if it could reasonably be changed; after all, there's nothing to lose but a tire pressure gauge that isn't working anyhow.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stop by any Auto Parts Store.........NAPA, Auto Zone, O'Reilys, Kragen Etc

$15 gets you a decent digital tire pressure gauge
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the Slime gauges, have several and swap them around. I use the one that's closest to hand. Every once in a while I gather them all up and check to make sure they're all reading the same. I also have several other brands, all digital except the dually gauge. And I have one dial gauge that gets used to check with the digital gauges. I had a couple of them that had replaceable batteries but one broke and the other one is MIA.

I quit using pencil gauges quite a few years ago. And spending big bucks on a tire pressure gauge doesn't make much sense to me.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"