cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black marks on slide

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
My slide out has black marks on it from the rubber seal, what does a person use to keep there slide clean

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
5 REPLIES 5

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
DutchmenSport wrote:
The question of what to use on rubber slide seals came up last year, and I was surprised when several folks said to use baby powder. I've never tried it myself, I'm just passing on previous experiences.

While I do use a seal conditioner on my seals/wipers, I generally follow up with baby powder later on, as it helps the wipers glide, and leave less marks.

Jerry

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
The question of what to use on rubber slide seals came up last year, and I was surprised when several folks said to use baby powder. I've never tried it myself, I'm just passing on previous experiences.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
After cleaning the slides and applying Nu-Finish or other wax, I go one step further. I spray the rubber seals with PURE silicon. I emphasize PURE, because most advertised silicon sprays contain some petroleum distillates, which can damaged the rubber seals over time. The brand I get is JOHNSEN's at National Auto. (Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with either of these companies.):C

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Spray WD40 on a soft cloth, and they will wipe right off. WD40 works very well for removing road-tar spots on your camper and vehicles too, and does not hurt the finish or remove wax.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The black marks will likely come back, but it is easy to clean them off. I use Nufinish polish on slide walls, and ProtectAll for quick cleaning. Both these products help keep the finish slick, so the rubber seals slide easier.

Jerry